Banded Gourami Or Indian Gourami Aka Colisa Fasciata

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I was at the store a week ago. I saw this funny little Gourami that was slim and had very intersting colors. I went back a week later. He was still there. Then I went back today and he was still there. So I had to get him.

I knew he was not a dwarf or a blue gourami. He looked like no other Gourami I had ever seen. His body shape was tottaly different so were his fins. I took him home, I only got one. His color is pale but he acts healthy. I read that they take some time to get use to new tanks. I am thinking that is the reason for his dull color. I thought maybe his dull color was because he was a she. Yet that Dorsal fin is long and pointy.

My question is will he be ok as an only one of his kind? Or should I look for a female? Or could he live with another male?

Does anyone have these funny little guys? -_-

I've had one of these for the last 6 months or so. Lovely fish IMO. Still quite shy and easily spooked by people moving about, but comes out and explores when all is quiet. Gets on well with the fish in my tank (various small livebearers, a couple of bristlenoses).

I think keeping one of its own is absolutely fine, getting hold of a female may be difficult and another male may just annoy him.

Thanks. Thats what I am looking for. I just want to make sure he will be fine on his own. He also looks like he is starting to adjust to his new home. His colors are starting to get brighter like he was at the store. I am excited to raise him from a baby. He is only 1.5 in now so I will get to watch him grow.

OK so I'm an idiot when it comes to Gouramis. I don't know much about them I have kept Bettas for over 10 years now and wanted to try something different. So the fish that has the markings or a Banded Gourami might be a Paradise fish. And most likely a young female I am going to have to post a photo of her. :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back