bamboo in a tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would think if you can get water flow through the roots and enough rootage... then you would just need a sponge to take out the large chunks of poo.
I was thinking of getting one of those beta breeders that suction on to the glass. They divide into 4 compartments and you could let the inflow run right into them for good circulation then have the bamboo / mangrove or whatever grow in there. alternatively a dyi box with colored plastic would be nice so you don't have to see the roots..
So many projects, so little time.

If you have some where you can out a under the bed - sort of plastic tub (long and flat) you could grow tons of plants... just get a pump that will pump the water up and about an inch up drill in and seal a return pipe. then stick tons of plants that can live just rooted in water :) use egg crate to keep them from falling out of the box or into the water. I would think a white tub would be best for this and you would want to make lots of small egg crate squares so you can take a plant out or put new clippings in..

Dang another to add to my project list... still this one would only cost 10 for the 3'x2' tray and depending how high you need to pump the water what 15-40 bucks for a pump n tube. hmm lotus can they grow in just water or do their roots need food?

I picked up a 40g tub about 2'x4' today at menards when I am done with it... oo ya its going right under my window!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back