ballom Ramirezi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Starry^

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well,
we just bought some balloon ramirezi yesterday from our LFS . theyve never had any like that in there b4 and said they probly wont get any in again for a while if at all, and Bud was besotted with them :wub: .. so at 5 quid each :blink: - we purchased them.
looking on the net for some good information the only thing we could stumble across was a piece written by some guy saying he didnt like the balloon rams because they were hybrids and it wasnt right to do that with the fish etc..
It seems we have purchased two males, and these little fish do look pretty evil with red eyes and a black stripe going straight through the middle of them. like some indian war paint or something, also with round glittery type bits on their bodys and tails - it reminds me a bit of the piranhas I saw in london.
Anyway they seem oki with the other tank mates and peaceful like we were told they were apart from each other, though its hilarious to watch cos they dont really seem to hurt each other - they just lock lips quite alot.
anyway I would appreciate any info on these little guys and the fact that they are a hybrid speciesof the ram.
any info on rams is good, as Im sure their temperment and habits and such are the same.

:thumbs:

Starry^

:blink: hmmm seems no one knows anything about these hybrid breeds of rams...
strange - theres nothin on teh net much about them either..

:thumbs:

Starry^

i would wait a day before thinking that some of the people in america will be in bed atm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back