Bala Shark Completly White Almost Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JustuhFish

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I got a new bala shark around 3 days ago and its been acting perfect, eating, and being very active. But i left for one day with no lights on and when i came back to feed him it was completly white almost. I dont know anything about the pH and ammonia levels at the moment. I have a albino oscar a little tiny bit bigger then the bala but ive never once seen him even attack my bala or anything aggressive at all. I feed my oscar peas if that mighy hurt the bala?

Tank size is 200 gallon.
Ph levels and all other i havent tested yet and i did around a 25% water change aswell.

Also i feed my oscar pellets and only 2 feeder fish so far. Might get another tank for my bala and get schools of fish what size should that be?

fish lose colour when the lights are off.. kinda like they are sleeping. mine do the same thing. if the colour doesn't come back in an max of an hour then you have something wrong with your water stats.
did you cycle the tank?
bala sharks need a group of around 6 as they are schooling fish.
make sure you are treating the new water when putting it in and that it isn't cold.

Yea this is pretty much what happend i kept the light on and turned heat up just a notch and hes back to normal. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back