Back again

mdulaney

Reaction score
I have kept fish for years 18 tanks at one time and then I got so busy I had to tear them all down it's been 3 years and finally I've settled down enough to where I can start my fish tank back I got a 75 gallon I decided I wanted to turn it into a as natural looking as possible with only low light plants so I got a lot of plastic mixed in with it I've got cave Rock slate Rock and driftwood I use sponge filtration I have two 60 gallon sponge filters it's been up for 2 months now I started adding fish 3 weeks ago started with 4blk skirt Tetris and four white skirts, and for Panda Cory's, the following week I put one blue dwarf gourami and 24 neon tetras, and that's where I'm at today.
20210918_181959.jpg

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have kept fish for years 18 tanks at one time and then I got so busy I had to tear them all down it's been 3 years and finally I've settled down enough to where I can start my fish tank back I got a 75 gallon I decided I wanted to turn it into a as natural looking as possible with only low light plants so I got a lot of plastic mixed in with it I've got cave Rock slate Rock and driftwood I use sponge filtration I have two 60 gallon sponge filters it's been up for 2 months now I started adding fish 3 weeks ago started with 4blk skirt Tetris and four white skirts, and for Panda Cory's, the following week I put one blue dwarf gourami and 24 neon tetras, and that's where I'm at today. View attachment 144049
Very nice! What are the best low light plants?

OP
M

mdulaney

Reaction score
Very nice! What are the best low light plants?
Thank you. I have a fat stem anubias Water lettuce and a java fern but there are lots of other low light plants I'll send you a few pictures of what I have.
If you Google best low light plans you'll get a list of a whole bunch .
The first picture is Water lettuce dwarf Water lettuce not the kind you put out on a pond that gets completely big and then the second one it's actually a nuisance Moss but I think it would make a nice carpet and then the third one is that fat stem anuvius I was telling you it was almost dead when I got it the stem was completely black and there wasn't no no green on it whatsoever it took about I'd say 3 weeks to get to look the way it is the rubber band is just to keep it on there until the root system grabs a hold of the Driftwood.

Attachments

• 20210926_090422_HDR.jpg
    20210926_090422_HDR.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210926_120544.jpg
    20210926_120544.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210926_120515_HDR.jpg
    20210926_120515_HDR.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 7

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Thank you. I have a fat stem anubias Water lettuce and a java fern but there are lots of other low light plants I'll send you a few pictures of what I have.
If you Google best low light plans you'll get a list of a whole bunch .
The first picture is Water lettuce dwarf Water lettuce not the kind you put out on a pond that gets completely big and then the second one it's actually a nuisance Moss but I think it would make a nice carpet and then the third one is that fat stem anuvius I was telling you it was almost dead when I got it the stem was completely black and there wasn't no no green on it whatsoever it took about I'd say 3 weeks to get to look the way it is the rubber band is just to keep it on there until the root system grabs a hold of the Driftwood.
I took a screenshot of this. Can’t remember the names yet. Thanks

Most reactions