Back again

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mdulaney

Reaction score
I have kept fish for years 18 tanks at one time and then I got so busy I had to tear them all down it's been 3 years and finally I've settled down enough to where I can start my fish tank back I got a 75 gallon I decided I wanted to turn it into a as natural looking as possible with only low light plants so I got a lot of plastic mixed in with it I've got cave Rock slate Rock and driftwood I use sponge filtration I have two 60 gallon sponge filters it's been up for 2 months now I started adding fish 3 weeks ago started with 4blk skirt Tetris and four white skirts, and for Panda Cory's, the following week I put one blue dwarf gourami and 24 neon tetras, and that's where I'm at today.
20210918_181959.jpg

I have kept fish for years 18 tanks at one time and then I got so busy I had to tear them all down it's been 3 years and finally I've settled down enough to where I can start my fish tank back I got a 75 gallon I decided I wanted to turn it into a as natural looking as possible with only low light plants so I got a lot of plastic mixed in with it I've got cave Rock slate Rock and driftwood I use sponge filtration I have two 60 gallon sponge filters it's been up for 2 months now I started adding fish 3 weeks ago started with 4blk skirt Tetris and four white skirts, and for Panda Cory's, the following week I put one blue dwarf gourami and 24 neon tetras, and that's where I'm at today. View attachment 144049
Very nice! What are the best low light plants?

Very nice! What are the best low light plants?
Thank you. I have a fat stem anubias Water lettuce and a java fern but there are lots of other low light plants I'll send you a few pictures of what I have.
If you Google best low light plans you'll get a list of a whole bunch .
The first picture is Water lettuce dwarf Water lettuce not the kind you put out on a pond that gets completely big and then the second one it's actually a nuisance Moss but I think it would make a nice carpet and then the third one is that fat stem anuvius I was telling you it was almost dead when I got it the stem was completely black and there wasn't no no green on it whatsoever it took about I'd say 3 weeks to get to look the way it is the rubber band is just to keep it on there until the root system grabs a hold of the Driftwood.

Attachments

• 20210926_090422_HDR.jpg
    20210926_090422_HDR.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210926_120544.jpg
    20210926_120544.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210926_120515_HDR.jpg
    20210926_120515_HDR.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 27
Thank you. I have a fat stem anubias Water lettuce and a java fern but there are lots of other low light plants I'll send you a few pictures of what I have.
If you Google best low light plans you'll get a list of a whole bunch .
The first picture is Water lettuce dwarf Water lettuce not the kind you put out on a pond that gets completely big and then the second one it's actually a nuisance Moss but I think it would make a nice carpet and then the third one is that fat stem anuvius I was telling you it was almost dead when I got it the stem was completely black and there wasn't no no green on it whatsoever it took about I'd say 3 weeks to get to look the way it is the rubber band is just to keep it on there until the root system grabs a hold of the Driftwood.
I took a screenshot of this. Can’t remember the names yet. Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back