FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
57FAD6CD-0887-442D-86EF-67B90CD3A4E8.jpeg
28825970-8BCB-473F-9A0F-597068B9128C.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality photos but hereā€™s baby kong, itā€™s the only keeper of the batch of fry and itā€™s well on its way growing now , big enough to scare off full grown Colombian tetra , almost 2 inches now , just waiting for another inch or so for the gender reveal ahahah

Looking super nice! Iā€™m kind of itching to do some breeding at some point see if I can line breed something or for better colours etc.

Looking super nice! Iā€™m kind of itching to do some breeding at some point see if I can line breed something or for better colours etc.
To line breed and get better colours would be cool , Iā€™d love to try and pair baby Kong once I know the gender but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s kind of luck with pairing cichlids, out of curiosity what would you breed if you started to do so?

To line breed and get better colours would be cool , Iā€™d love to try and pair baby Kong once I know the gender but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s kind of luck with pairing cichlids, out of curiosity what would you breed if you started to do so?
I'd like to try it with Nicaraguans - bit of a personal project in a way as I know they are not valuable, rare or even that desireable to most but I find them quite interesting. The colours are stunning in natural fish but I've seen massive variance across the species. Some are almost red rather than yellow, others have little blue in them and some have very random black splotches. The males seem to grow very irregular nuchal humps some are down right ugly where as others seem to complement the body shape. I like them where the bodies are a very clear blue and yellow with a single black stripe down the body on the females, if I was line breeding them I'd be doing it for personality and colours with an aim to get the head fully blue as it usually has a grey stripe down the middle. I know it would take multiple generations and careful selection but think it would be achievable. Enough stores locally that dont stock them as standard that would probably take them (even if I didnt get anything for them).

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back