Australe Gold Fry

Biulu

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Commuting between Oaxaca, Mexico and Montreal, Can
A while ago I posted in this forum about my australe gold and f. gardneri Jos Plateau fry both hatched from eggs. Now I have the impression that I did not get any australes as more and more male gardneris are emerging among the australe fry. Does anybody have pictures of young australes (males and females) so I can determine whether I actually have some australes or whether they are all gardneris?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: the first batch already has fry again!

They do look quite similar, when young so dont worry australe will be a little slimmer than Fp's.

You should be able to tell the males anyway
can you get any pics up
Regards
BigC

I can only presume that you have hatched both lots of eggs together to have this identification problem.
I would recommend that you keep different types of killi fish eggs seperate and that you label the containers with what eggs are where. Especially if the varieties are very similar.
Also some varieties are stronger and develope quicker resulting in the loss of the weaker type.
Hope you manage to solve your problem.

Colin, I will have a camera next week, and hope to put up some pictures then.

Fishman1. they were hatched separately in different containers on different occasions. There was no mix-up of the peat at any occasion.

A while ago I posted in this forum about my australe gold and f. gardneri Jos Plateau fry both hatched from eggs. Now I have the impression that I did not get any australes as more and more male gardneris are emerging among the australe fry. Does anybody have pictures of young australes (males and females) so I can determine whether I actually have some australes or whether they are all gardneris?

Fishman1. they were hatched separately in different containers on different occasions. There was no mix-up of the peat at any occasion.

If you have not mixed the fry up then how can you get the impression that you did not get any australes as more male gardneris are emerging among the australe fry?? What you are saying doesnt make sence?? If you have bred a pair of australe and the eggs have been kept seperate then there is no way possible that you are getting gardneri among the australe fry.

eg. gardneri adult pair = gardneri eggs = gardneri fry = more gardneri
eg. australe adult pair = australe eggs = australe fry = more austale

Unless you have mixed up eg labelling or you bought the eggs and someone else has miss labeled them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back