Aurora

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Pictures from tonight’s show! Something yall might not know about me is I am an avid Aurora chaser! I’m constantly monitoring the numbers and plotting out new viewing points. The last 3 trips out, some of which I’ve driven three hours to see, have been a bust. But tonight was so worth it! Some photos from my parents hill, and some from 2 hours out into the cascade mountain range at two in the morning!

Anyone else enjoy the show? People were seeing it all the way down in Florida! Crazy solar storm
image000000.jpeg
image000001.jpeg
image000003.jpeg
IMG_9751.jpeg
IMG_9785.jpeg
IMG_9787.jpeg
IMG_9780.jpeg
IMG_9784.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9790.jpeg
    IMG_9790.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 12
Nice colours. The only time we get pink skies is when it's going to be really hot and dry the next day. And the only time we get orange skies is when there are bush fires everywhere and the sky is full of smoke.

Did you use a phone or an actual camera to take them?

Nice colours. The only time we get pink skies is when it's going to be really hot and dry the next day. And the only time we get orange skies is when there are bush fires everywhere and the sky is full of smoke.

Did you use a phone or an actual camera to take them?
Just my phone!

It’s really weird to me that a solar storm could cause aurora down to Florida without some sort of massive infrastructure damage. It’s even weirder to me that I somehow didn’t hear about it until after.

It’s really weird to me that a solar storm could cause aurora down to Florida without some sort of massive infrastructure damage. It’s even weirder to me that I somehow didn’t hear about it until after.
There was a lot of cellular and radio interference. The Australis was visible in New Zealand and Tasmania and Australia as well, photographed by my family.

People were even seeing it in Mexico and Brazil and argentina!

Pictures from tonight’s show! Something yall might not know about me is I am an avid Aurora chaser! I’m constantly monitoring the numbers and plotting out new viewing points. The last 3 trips out, some of which I’ve driven three hours to see, have been a bust. But tonight was so worth it! Some photos from my parents hill, and some from 2 hours out into the cascade mountain range at two in the morning!

Anyone else enjoy the show? People were seeing it all the way down in Florida! Crazy solar storm

Amazing photos. I wanted to get out to watch it but didn't like the cold, one day perhaps.

We had clouds on Friday night, Mrs and I went down to the end of the driveway in the truck, and sat for half hour last night, but didn’t see anything… @JuiceBox52 … your pictures are amazing

We had clouds on Friday night, Mrs and I went down to the end of the driveway in the truck, and sat for half hour last night, but didn’t see anything… @JuiceBox52 … your pictures are amazing
It was breathtaking! Most aurora in Washington is not visible to the naked eye, and if it is it’s just faint gray pillars and the color only shows up on camera. But this was breathtaking and made all the nights spent out in the middle of nowhere in the freezing cold worth it!

Most reactions

Back