Atyopsis Moluccensis

Thanks for the instruction three-fingers. :good:

Mystil, think you can stare at your tank for a few hours to see if you can catch it fanning? :lol:

I think the answer to that one is pretty obvious! :hey:

It took me two days just to get the ones I did get! :lol: my hubby looked at me very weird with the last lot.

Problem is i have never seen he/she fanning and it also hasnt grown any bigger in the few months I have had it.

100% Bamboo or filter shrimp. I have them in my tank too.

The males have big fat legs and the female thinner ones.

They will only walk around when there are not enough nutrients in the water otherwise mine spend 95% of there time filtering. I have target fed them once just to satisfy my curiosity and I found flake food crushed up and sucked into a pipette worked fine.
They do need hiding place to malt, mine seem to malt every month or two.

Sadly my large filter shrimp died 2 weeks ago when he failed to shed. He was left with his rear end stuck in the old shell and I found him on the floor :(

Tack.

EDIT: They might not move around too much so make sure you arrange your tank so you can see them when they are in the outlet flow otherwise you might not see them.

Like threefingers has said from the biggest picture i don't think it is a bamboo shrimp because if you look closely you can see the small claws reaching down to the stalk of the plant and this is where the fans would be if it was a bamboo shrimp. Also the shape of the Carapace is different to that of bamboo shrimp and the legs are a lot thinner than a bamboo. I also agree it is probably a Caridina cf. babaulti shrimp.

Also i need to point out to boboboy in Mystil's first post it says it wasn't sold as Atyopsis Moluccensis or Bamboo shrimp but was a stowaway when she purchased some cherry shrimp.

Should I try to enhance the pictures I do have of him/her? Like three-fingers has done with one of them so that you can all have a close up?

I havent a clue what it is, I just googled pictures and flicked through till I thought I may have found some that looked similar. :lol:

100% Bamboo or filter shrimp. I have them in my tank too.

The males have big fat legs and the female thinner ones.
I have males and females of both species in question in my tank.
The females have thinner legs than males, yes, but not nearly as thin as in that pic :).

Like threefingers has said from the biggest picture i don't think it is a bamboo shrimp because if you look closely you can see the small claws reaching down to the stalk of the plant and this is where the fans would be if it was a bamboo shrimp. Also the shape of the Carapace is different to that of bamboo shrimp and the legs are a lot thinner than a bamboo. I also agree it is probably a Caridina cf. babaulti shrimp.

Also i need to point out to boboboy in Mystil's first post it says it wasn't sold as Atyopsis Moluccensis or Bamboo shrimp but was a stowaway when she purchased some cherry shrimp.
Thank you! Lol. :good:

Should I try to enhance the pictures I do have of him/her?
Sounds like a good idea :good:.

Yeah was okay just shaken up. Both cars were damaged but limped home. Cant really discuss as it is going through our insurance at the moment.

Luckily nobody was seriously hurt and both of us walked away. Thats the main thing.

I think three-fingers may have hit the nail on the head with 'Malaysian rainbow shrimp'.

Most reactions

Back