Atman Powerhead/filter?

jaffacake

Reaction score
I'm completely chuffed right now I have a new tank ready to start on!
It came with lighting in it which is fine for now but will be changing when I get coral and a powerhead and filter which I'm confused about.

I already have 2 powerheads ready for this new tank one is 1200 lph and the main is 3000 lph.

I think this is a tropical tank powerhead but I can't understand how it works or if I should add it as an extra in the tank or would it even be needed.
The powerhead looks very similar to this;

powerhead-ap2100.jpg

Is it worth using as an extra or get rid?

Then there is a large internal filter which hasn't been used by the looks of it but still dunked in the water as the plug is a mess (would need rewiring as it's definitely been submerged!) and filter media changing. This is the model of the filter;
at-882.jpg

and the media inside are some type of airstones (round hula hoop looking things) and various sponge media.

Is it worth having this extra filter or just use my powerheads and protein skimmer which was my plan from the start.
Thanks!

If you are going for a reef or FOWLR tank, I would not bother with that internal, it will be a nightmare to keep changing the media so that Nitrates don't build up.

That powerhead will be fine for mixing your salty stuff :good: instead of putting it in your tank

I would get rid of that internal, you don't need it

Seffie x

:fish:

Thanks!
I'll keep hold of the powerhead then and it will probably have some use when I transfer the fishies!

Will start a journal soon!

Most reactions

Back