JustKia
Fish Herder
Do people just keep hoping that the cute little fishie that is now as long as the aquarium is still going to be OK? At what point to they think "hmm, maybe this tank is a wee bit small"?
OK I'm a complete noob as far as fish go but common sense says that any fish needs enough room to turn around without squishing itself against the glass - surely?
One of the LFS just "rescued" a 2ft Red Tail Catfish from a - wait for it 4ft tank!
Right now he's in a tank about 6-7ft with a notice stating that this is a temporary home until they sort out a tank big enough for him (her?)
They're actually in the middle of some expansion work right now, and I'm always impressed by their tanks.
I can just picture the convo
"oh hi, yeah, um would you mind taking my fish off my hands, it's got a bit too big for our aquarium..."
"well, what fish is it and what size tank do you have?"
"err well it's a red tail catfish in a 4ft tank"
"####???"
OK I'm a complete noob as far as fish go but common sense says that any fish needs enough room to turn around without squishing itself against the glass - surely?
One of the LFS just "rescued" a 2ft Red Tail Catfish from a - wait for it 4ft tank!
Right now he's in a tank about 6-7ft with a notice stating that this is a temporary home until they sort out a tank big enough for him (her?)
They're actually in the middle of some expansion work right now, and I'm always impressed by their tanks.
I can just picture the convo
"oh hi, yeah, um would you mind taking my fish off my hands, it's got a bit too big for our aquarium..."
"well, what fish is it and what size tank do you have?"
"err well it's a red tail catfish in a 4ft tank"
"####???"









