Assassin Snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Malaysian trumpet snails and ramshorn are taking over my tanks! I have been throwing them out by handfuls. Should I get some assassin snails? My shrimp population is going down due to the stupid snails but I don’t think I can put assassins in there. Will my fish be safe with them. Especially my cories! Feedback, please.

I had a couple of assassins years ago and enjoyed them, they're completely safe with fish, I had cories in with them. I didn't have MTS back then and I'm not sure how well they go about clearing MTS, i think i read something about MTS having a 'trap-door' that keeps them safe from assassins?

Malaysian trumpet snails and ramshorn are taking over my tanks! I have been throwing them out by handfuls.
LOL, DEATH TO SNAILS :)

Sorry, can't help with assassin snails, never had them. I just think it's funny that snails are becoming the bane of people's existence :)

-------------------
All snails have an operculum (trap door to seal up their shell), but Malaysian livebearing snails have a thicker shell than most snails and the predators generally can't get through the shell.

When I read on them it does say they eat MTS. I’ll have to do more research. I bought my first 10 several years ago. What an idiot!!!

I had a couple of assassins years ago and enjoyed them, they're completely safe with fish, I had cories in with them. I didn't have MTS back then and I'm not sure how well they go about clearing MTS, i think i read something about MTS having a 'trap-door' that keeps them safe from assassins?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back