Artificiall Or Real ?

Fake is not always un natural looking.

As far as plants go (IMO) real is the only way to go as not only are they better looking but benificial too.

Bogwood etc is far better than the fake stuff too even though I have both myself. As far as Tang' & Malawi Cichlid tanks are concerned, bogwood lowers the ph level so no go there anyway.

One last consideration when it comes to rocks. In my case I'm pusing it to the limit as far as weight is concered as all my tanks are upstairs so real ocean rock was not an option. The fake hollow stuff I have in my Tang' setup is a pretty convincing substitute and a fraction of the weight :nod:
 
I prefer the "natural" look, but don't use real plants or even real rocks. My fish (Cichlids) would tear up real plants in no time, so I use plastic ones. Now that they have a light coating of algae I think they look pretty convincing.

My rocks are hollow plastic too, as this allows the maximum water volume in the tank and provides more hiding space for the fish.

No one who has seen my tank has guessed that the plants or rocks are fake. Mind you, no one who has seen my tanks knows that much about fishkeeping :D
 
I prefer the "natural" look, but don't use real plants or even real rocks. My fish (Cichlids) would tear up real plants in no time, so I use plastic ones. Now that they have a light coating of algae I think they look pretty convincing.

My rocks are hollow plastic too, as this allows the maximum water volume in the tank and provides more hiding space for the fish.

No one who has seen my tank has guessed that the plants or rocks are fake. Mind you, no one who has seen my tanks knows that much about fishkeeping :D

Hey, why not post a picture of your set up in a new thread and ask our opinions :shifty:
 
Being new to the hobby I am in my buy every bloody tank, anchor, bridge, skull, downed plane, Galleon ,treasure chest and divers helmet I see :lol:

No seriously there's some good stuff out there I am loving it I can see in the future I may want to go natural especially with my second tank ... yep I am already thinking second tank :lol: I want some discus in it :cool:

But for now BRING ON THE PLASTIC AND RESIN ornaments :lol:
 
real plants,fake plants good topic this :hyper:
Its personal preference
real is good and nice
fake is easy and can be nice
real is time takeing
fake is not
if you are at work all day and want to come home and enjoy your Fish then fake is the way to go
if you are in the house all day with Lots of time on you hands then real for sure.
But when does a fish tank become a planted tank and not a fish tank ?
i love me fish if they are happy so am i :good:

keep the comments comming it could get intresting this
cheers eric
 
i cant have real my fish wont let me,so my fish can have fake,they look excelent,some of the fake rock and plants look real to me,mind iam as blind as a bat lol.i do have bog wood and real rock that gets all green,but the plants let my tank down,time to get some new stuff,looking at these tanks,mines needs a make over,as long as the silver dollars leave well alone,,kenny
 
so heres a look at fake,fake plants,fake wood,fake fish (only kidding fish are real .so the LFS told me lol
2009_0113fish0005.jpg

2009_0113fish0003.jpg

i think it looks good
 
it does look good,

seeing plants thrive is so rewarding :rolleyes: id always go for live plants, they are benificial they mop up nitrates and ammonia!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top