Artificiall Or Real ?

jackson 10

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Points
0
what do you guys prefer a tank with some castles and ship rekes in your tank or do you prefer real plants and bogwood and stones etc

i have booth in my tank i have a castle and real plants in there aswell as bogwood to ..

what do you prefer ?
 
what do you guys prefer a tank with some castles and ship rekes in your tank or do you prefer real plants and bogwood and stones etc

i have booth in my tank i have a castle and real plants in there ..

what do you prefer ?

think it will always be a personal choice for me it would be completely natural ...ie bogwood real plants gravel etc not really a fan of ornament persae :)
 
Its personal preference, Ive seen some tanks with the wrecks, planted up lovely and they look great, I prefer bogwood/rocks myself, having said that I have a tank that is completely fake in all respects and its quite eyecatching :lol:
 
Have had both and would always go natural now with rock wood real plants and sand or gravel of a natural colour
 
there was a topic not long ago about real/fake plants.

however - not all things fake are tacky - i would like to think even though my tank has fake coral and fake plants, it still looks pretty good imo.

so i dont think one can just say resin/fake things are tacky. That i believe is an unfair statement, its how they are made, what they look like etc - you can get stuff that looks very natural, such as the coral i have in my tank, which costs about the same as real rock.
 
I love this talk of "natural" tanks. So I assume for Amazon species you all add tanins so you can only see one inch into the tank and have rotting vegetation as a substrate? :D
 
bogwood, rocks and plants ftw. andy - my tank has brownish water, but I can see into it quite well, does adding catappa leaves and not using carbon count in a small kinda way?
 
I went through the decoration stage and have now entered a moral natural stage. I now prefer my tanks to look/be as natural as I can get it.
 
Everything in my tanks is natural, but I have to admit that I've seen some very interesting castles in the lfs. If they were a little less expensive I would have probably bought one by now. :D
 
I prefer "real", not necessarily natural. I don't know that we can really set up a true natural tank. As mentioned though, it's all personal preference. In some cases, fake plants are almost a must. If you want to keep certain species of fish, having live plants will be almost impossible unless you can replace them everytime the fish eat them up.
 
I like the look of artificial tanks if they are done properly. If they are planted nicely with a well made wreck or something but if not then they can just look tacky. Also, I like the look of natural tanks if there are a lot of plants. My two cents added! :)
 
While I agree that a 'fake' tank doesn't have to look tacky, IMO there's nothing nicer than a natural looking planted tank (I'm thinking like Amano's tanks).

However, there's a time and a place. When my daughter gets older and wants a mermaid tank with pink rocks, dayglo gravel, spongebob ornaments, LEDs and bubbles everywhere, who am I to argue if it means she shows an interest in fish?

Also sometimes you HAVE to have fake stuff, like when you're keeping fish that are destructive and eat plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top