Arrrrghhhhh I Need A Bigger House!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I`m hoping that it`ll all be easy enough to set up as it has a sump instead of an external filter setup, the lad at MA showed us earlier how it`s done but it`s something I`ve never experienced before :unsure:

Always been intrigued by the sumo set up and it's something I might look into myself at a later date so I'll be watching to see how you get on, I'm sure some of the guys over in the hardware section could help on this one and the guys over at Mike's will more than likely know...
As for the slate I have tons of it, lots of extra ocean rock and 2 giant bits of Tuffa (all of which I'm not using , mad) it seems here that the LFS are getting less and less decor in :grr: I think the guy you biughht the punks from has signed on at Mikes :cool:

Our dining room table and chairs have been sacrificed for this tank :huh: :lol: :lol:
Most of the people I know that have this furniture just eat there dinner in front of the TV anyway, waste of space, tank more interesting :nod:
[/quote]

Yes, Ryan is a member of Mikes too. He`s a good lad and if the punks are anythng to go by then I have no doubt all of his fish will be very healthy B-)

I`ll make sure and take pics of the setup, hopefully it`ll help others out too. It looked simple and straight forward when it was being described and shown to us so fingers crossed I`ll manage :look: :lol:

We rarely sit at the table anyway but if my parents come to visit then they tend to use it more........we won`t miss it but I`m sure they will :X It`s going into the loft until we move so at least we`re not actually getting rid. :lol: :lol:

Tank is now in the kitchen, we just need to get some polystyrene tiles to put underneath it which I`ll get tomorrow. Got Unipac limpopo sand, T5 tubes and reflectors X2 and a blue led light from MA today, everything else has been ordered on fleabay so should be here this week :thumbs:

One of the lads at MA who lives nearby has said he`ll come round and set up the plumbing this week once the pond pump has arrived, so.....providing I can find some slate at a decent price the new tank will hopefully be up and running by next weekend :D

happy days!! are you finalised on your stocking yet?

Yes pretty much. I just want to make sure the tank is completely ready first, once it`s all done which I`m hoping is Wednesday, Thursday at the latest I`ll phone and make an order :good: :D

I think at the moment the only stalling issue will be where I`m going to get slate without breaking hubby`s credit card completely :look: :lol: :lol:

poor old hubby :lol:

Well this one was his idea so 'poor old hubby' doesn`t come into it :grr: :lol: :lol:

A pic of the tank:
IMG-20110213-00033.jpg

so.....providing I can find some slate at a decent price the new tank will hopefully be up and running by next weekend :D

slate should be really cheap i got 2 huge chunks for £5 each and had loads left over, and a choice of 3 colours

Looks a very neat piece of kit!
good.gif

Only a random thought, but would some slate caves from the chap who regularly advertises on here be worth contacting?

When I went over to Titchfield before Xmas, there was a garden centre almost opposite MA on Mill Lane that stocked a brand of rockwork, that included some slate and other rocks that were officially "fish safe"... Cannot recall the name of the brand now though!
blush.gif

lovely tank :good:

It should be, it cost enough :hyper: :lol:

so.....providing I can find some slate at a decent price the new tank will hopefully be up and running by next weekend :D

slate should be really cheap i got 2 huge chunks for £5 each and had loads left over, and a choice of 3 colours

I`m hoping so but it`s knowing where the best places are on price around here :unsure:

Looks a very neat piece of kit!
good.gif

Only a random thought, but would some slate caves from the chap who regularly advertises on here be worth contacting?

When I went over to Titchfield before Xmas, there was a garden centre almost opposite MA on Mill Lane that stocked a brand of rockwork, that included some slate and other rocks that were officially "fish safe"... Cannot recall the name of the brand now though!
blush.gif

lol that helps.....not! :lol: :lol:

I have 2 single and 1 double slate caves from tony already but I was planning on building some caves from a 'rockwork' kind of look if that makes sense? :unsure:
I have some ocean rock left over from the Tang setup, I`m just not sure I can build enough cave areas with it though :look:

I`m going to pay a visit to Travis Perkins near me tomorrow, one of my Son`s friends works there so I`ll see if I can drag my Son along when he`s on his lunch as he might get it a bit cheaper if they have slate there. If no luck there then I can always google for the garden centre you`re on about :)

Very nice tank, I like the cabinet, nice bit of furniture :good: Be sure to post up some pics. and info on the sump for me as that would be a good insight for me :good: Are you definately going down the Malawi route with this one ?
Can't wait till Tuesday, hopefuly post a pic. of my own tank, the courier phoned the other day, they are based less than half an hour from me, I was nearly going down there to collect :lol:

Very nice tank, I like the cabinet, nice bit of furniture :good: Be sure to post up some pics. and info on the sump for me as that would be a good insight for me :good: Are you definately going down the Malawi route with this one ?
Can't wait till Tuesday, hopefuly post a pic. of my own tank, the courier phoned the other day, they are based less than half an hour from me, I was nearly going down there to collect :lol:

Oooer so not long for yours now then??!! Eeek!! :hyper: :lol: :lol: I`m really looking forward to seeing your tank :good:

The tank and cabinet are lovely, thanks
Hubby loves the furniture which is why I think he`s 'more ok' about the tank option....we compromise ;) :lol: :lol: Yeah it`ll be the Malawi route with this tank, as much as I would love to have another Tang tank I think it`s only fair that hubby has a choice with this one and he does like the colourful aspect of the Malawi`s.....I can hardly complain seeing as I have my Tangs, the multi tank, the Badis and glassfish and the shrimps tank too :blush: :lol:

I have just worked out how much ocean rock I have left, there`s a fair few bits but I`d appreciate some opinions on whether this would be enough. I`m thinking of this kind of build in the middle of the tank spreading outwards then leave some free swimming space at the sides :unsure:
IMG-20110213-00040.jpg

imo thats enough ocean rock, id use it :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back