Arrrrghhhhh I Need A Bigger House!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
Arrrggghhhhh :shout: :shout: :shout:

I am so annoyed, the lad who I bought my punks from is possibly selling his Tangs and he`s sent me a msg asking if I`d be interested in buying them as he knows how much I love mine and he knows I`d really look after them........but I haven`t got the room for another tank until we move house next year :sad: :sad:

The fish that will be available if he does decide to sell are:
2 black altolamprologus calvus 4-5cm male and female
3 neolamprologus caudoupunctatus 2 males and 1 female
2 featherfins 3-4cm not sure of sex
6 neolamprologus tetracanthus, 5-6cm
12 leptosoma, 3 males 9 females.

I`ve said that as much as i would love to have them all I just can`t but I would definately be interested in the cyps he has as I think I have only 1 female out of the 11 I have at the moment, I would have to look at rehoming some of my males though as 24 cyps would be waaaayyyyy too many for my tank I think :X

I really, really, really want to move house like yesterday :shout: :shout:

At least you have a house to do as you please, im still at home with the dear parents! Still, ive managed to get a 4ft and 3ft tank in my bedroom which I dont think is too bad going.

Even managed to persuade them to have a 2ft in the dining room, but still I want a 6ft+ tank but think thats asking a bit much. Ive tried to ask if I can pay for a garage conversion done by myself but ermmm guess that answer :lol:

i feel your pain . i really feel i deserve space for at least 3 6 foot tanks. but like you the gods have been cruel to me :crazy:

I'll take the Cyps :lol:

That would be absolutely fine IF you lived closer.......... so here`s another Aarrgggghhhhh!!!! :shout:
:lol: :lol:

At least you have a house to do as you please, im still at home with the dear parents! Still, ive managed to get a 4ft and 3ft tank in my bedroom which I dont think is too bad going.

Even managed to persuade them to have a 2ft in the dining room, but still I want a 6ft+ tank but think thats asking a bit much. Ive tried to ask if I can pay for a garage conversion done by myself but ermmm guess that answer :lol:

Bless, I`ve been there, bought the T-shirt regarding living with parents so you have my sympathy, but at the age of 41 now I`m lucky to have a Husband who lets me just get on with it....to a point :lol: :lol:

i feel your pain . i really feel i deserve space for at least 3 6 foot tanks. but like you the gods have been cruel to me :crazy:

Mark it`s just completely unfair huh? :grr: :lol:

Another visit to MA tomorrow...........to order another tank yayyyyy!!! Not sure if the Tangs will definately be up for sale yet but it looks like the kitchen is going to be moved around to make space. :D :D :D :D
IF I don`t have the other Tangs I`ll have to look at another option :unsure:

yay !!!! you won!!! :hey: what size tank you getting?

It`ll have to be a bit smaller than the 380L we already have so that it`ll fit in the kitchen, it`ll probably be one of the 110cm ones from MA
this one:

or this one:

Hubby is off to Afghan again soon so it looks like I`ll be kept busy while he`s away.

Build racks, stack the tanks up. You can fit two tanks in the space of one that way, without taking up any more space.

nice . even if the fish you want are gone you can still do something good with that

I like the second one with the wine rack, 2 means of relaxation in 1 :good:

:fish:

Mulies one side, some rocks and slate the other for some Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis "Blue Neon" OR
Kungweensis and Punks OR
Brichardi and Leleupi OR
let you decide and concentrate on my own tanks even though they have no fish in them :lol:

I'm sure whatever you stock in there it's going to look nice, lopk forward to seeing more pics. and more fish :snap:

alghan? whats he do? (slight of topic) lol

Hubby is in the Military, hence why I spend so much time on my tanks....he`s never here :X

Build racks, stack the tanks up. You can fit two tanks in the space of one that way, without taking up any more space.

Not something I can do on my own Tolak and hubby is never here long enough to do it.....maybe one day though B-)

nice . even if the fish you want are gone you can still do something good with that

Well, after showing my Husband the pics of your fish Mark, he`s thinking of getting me to do a Malawi setup now, so if the Tangs option doesn`t come off then that may possibly be the other option but to be honest I`d like to stick with Tangs :unsure:

I like the second one with the wine rack, 2 means of relaxation in 1 :good:

Mulies one side, some rocks and slate the other for some Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis "Blue Neon" OR
Kungweensis and Punks OR
Brichardi and Leleupi OR
let you decide and concentrate on my own tanks even though they have no fish in them :lol:

I'm sure whatever you stock in there it's going to look nice, lopk forward to seeing more pics. and more fish :snap:

Hmm, but we don`t drink so the wine rack might be a bit redundant :look: :lol: :lol:

I`m thinking that I`d like to up the aggression level with different Tangs if the ones on offer don`t materialise but we`ll see. I have a fair bit of Ocean rock left after changing the current tank around so will probably use that...not sure yet of exactly how I`d scape the new one yet.
At least I`ll be kept busy either way :nod: :lol:

Lisa, you know you want a Tanganyikan Tropheus setup, beautiful colours and definitely a step up in aggression! ;)

I don't know that much about these lovely fish, but I believe they are prone to "bloat" if they eat the wrong food types, so any tankmates must have the same dietary needs as the Tropheus. There were two T. morillo moori at Aquajardin last spring that really caught my eye, especially when they were reduced to £10 each, but they do need 10+ groups to spread aggression.

The tank options look lovely, but there are always regular bargains for tanks that sort of size in Dorset and Hampshire, at Ebay and Aquarist Classified etc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back