Arrrrghhhhh I Need A Bigger House!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

i need a rich cougar to fund my marine tank :) i see alot of stuff i want but have empty pockets :(

Lisa, you know you want a Tanganyikan Tropheus setup, beautiful colours and definitely a step up in aggression! ;)

I don't know that much about these lovely fish, but I believe they are prone to "bloat" if they eat the wrong food types, so any tankmates must have the same dietary needs as the Tropheus. There were two T. morillo moori at Aquajardin last spring that really caught my eye, especially when they were reduced to £10 each, but they do need 10+ groups to spread aggression.

The tank options look lovely, but there are always regular bargains for tanks that sort of size in Dorset and Hampshire, at Ebay and Aquarist Classified etc.

Hi Goat :D

Hubby has now put his foot down and said he`d like to have the Malawi setup.......it`s all Marks fault!! :grr: :grr: :lol:

So, tank is paid for and we`re picking it up tomorrow, as it was already on display it`s pretty much ready to go. One of the lads at MA is going to sort all the plumbing out as it`s a systemised system (?), we just need to get the return pump, filter media blah, blah, blah then it`s ready to go. We`ve gone for the same size as the current one, it`s just slightly different to look at :D :D

IF I can`t get on with the Malawi I can hopefully look at changing to Tangs after.....we`ll see.
I feel a bit gutted but I can`t really complain seeing as I had my own way with the Tangs -_-

bullit, I can`t put it on here, he`d go mad if I did ;)

i need a rich cougar to fund my marine tank :) i see alot of stuff i want but have empty pockets :(

It`s only because hubby will have his operational allowance that we`re getting this new tank otherwise it would be a no go until next year ;)

my bro has just joined the marines, i have the upmost respect for anyone who risks their lives for the sake of us.

did i see something about malawis? what fish you having?

my bro has just joined the marines, i have the upmost respect for anyone who risks their lives for the sake of us.

did i see something about malawis? what fish you having?

Hubby is Army not Marines (they are different honest lol) but yes I agree with you, they all deserve respect for what they do. Luckily hubby is leaving this year after doing almost a quarter of a century of service. I won`t be sorry when he leaves, the first time he was in Afghan was terrible :sad:

Hubby has said that as I had my choice with the Tangs he`d like to have the Malawis in the new tank. I know I can`t complain but that #28### isn`t the one who looks after them all :grr: :lol: :lol:

Well, the credit card has already taken a pounding on fleabay......
T5 double Light controller.....check
2X Rena Heaters....check
ocean runner 3500lph pump....check
Filter media....check
powerhead...check

Sand, plastic drain grids, background, light tubes,.....still to get :X Not sure if using the extra ocean rock will be ok for Malawi........might have to see if I can get some cheap slate somewhere :S

i`d use the ocean rock, all the lfs`s ive been to had a full size tank with a few pieces of ocean rock, white sand and a blue background and they looked great. only downside i see is not many holes and caves (if any) for the fish

i`d use the ocean rock, all the lfs`s ive been to had a full size tank with a few pieces of ocean rock, white sand and a blue background and they looked great. only downside i see is not many holes and caves (if any) for the fish

Hmm, that`s what my worry is...not enough caves. I`ll have to sort something out before deciding on which fish to get :unsure:

the one place i go to (a&d aquatics) just have one lump of rock and all the mbuna are swimming freely above. and the fish seem very happy and i watched for a few mins wihtout seeing any aggression even with one m.auratus in there.

Surely though when fish are at an lfs they`re not there long enough to establish any territories, that would be different when they`re in a tank permanently? :unsure:

the more caves/territories the better . if i had a pound for every calf fish that turned into a pits once home and settled in a tank id be rich

Surely though when fish are at an lfs they`re not there long enough to establish any territories, that would be different when they`re in a tank permanently? :unsure:

they have a large tank full of grown mbuna i think because theyre 10 quid more expensive than juvi`s they dont sell, if i had a massive tank id go for a more natural look without many holes and just a pile of large rocks but because my tank is only 180 litres i thought it really important to give as many escape routes and hiding places as possible.

anyway if you get slate its dirt cheap and its fun to watch them swim in and out of the holes or just chill out, but you will most likely need a hammer and chisel to split it as from building merchants its usally in big chunks.

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape, I don't have a credit card (anymore :lol: ) but the pocket has really taken a pounding also, ouch !!!
Good stuff with the new tank, I have been looking for a space for a small cube tank that's in the classifieds just now, all these tank and no fish :lol:

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape, I don't have a credit card (anymore :lol: ) but the pocket has really taken a pounding also, ouch !!!
Good stuff with the new tank, I have been looking for a space for a small cube tank that's in the classifieds just now, all these tank and no fish :lol:

I think it`s just hubby`s way of keeping me occupied while he`s away bless him, he knows how much I worry about him :look:

So far the only things left to sort out at MA tomorrow are sand and light tubes, then we`ll stop in at B&Q for the drain grids. The slate is going to be a problem though because it`s pretty expensive, we found that out when I was planning on using it for the tang tank :grr:

I`m hoping that it`ll all be easy enough to set up as it has a sump instead of an external filter setup, the lad at MA showed us earlier how it`s done but it`s something I`ve never experienced before :unsure:

Our dining room table and chairs have been sacrificed for this tank :huh: :lol: :lol:

no you gotta have something to sit on and watch your new sunset swimming around :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back