Arowanas

LandoB123

Reaction score
I'm new here and am just looking to see who else are Arowana keepers. I obtained my first one about a month ago and it is quickly becoming my favorite FW fish. I am in the process of setting up a 125g for him. Also looking for information on how to post pictures? Thanks in advance.

welcome :good:
im assuming you have a silver arowana in which case i wouldnt bother setting up a 125 for it
it will outgrow it in a matter of months
you may aswell set up the 400g+ tank it will spend its life in

look at the pinned topic in the members pictures section for a guide to posting pics :good:

i also think you're refering to a silver aro. cane is right in saying that setting up a permernant tank is better than a temporary one, it cuts down on your total cost too compared if you'd to set up two tanks.

for more information check out the species index under oddballs. i've put up an article on silver aros that should help answer your questions

I have a silver and a jardini. Like the others have said a 125 isnt really much use to a silver (or any other arowana for that matter) so you would be better going straight for a bigger tank, my silver grew to over 2 feet long within 18 months.

Thanks for the info. He, or "it", is a silver, only about 5" right now. I happen to have the pleasure of being the Aquatics Manager at the local pet store here, which gives me pretty much unlimited access to supplies, so a larger tank will be set up as needed. I kind of lucked into this 125 so it will be his home for a while. I know it wont hold him for too long, I've done my research :good: Thanks again for the responses!

its not the access to unlimited tanks and supplys thats the problem with a big silver aro its the space

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back