Are These Yellow Panchax?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

the bottom one looks quite blue, but it has yellowish fins

Yes, I think the first one is a yellow panchax female with just little yellow. It is the second one I'm not sure about. If somebody could give some definitive ID I would be grateful!

For your info, I have bought a real yellow female panchax, and she is hanging out with the first female, but not with the undetermined panchax.

Well nice fish but it looks as though you have two diff varietys of panchax there, the gold morph and the blue which is the why it is smaller

http://www.bayfish.com.au/category18_1.htm

Never seen the blue variety before only the gold ones, would be nice if you had a pair of each colour to breed, any chance of that ?

Well nice fish but it looks as though you have two diff varietys of panchax there, the gold morph and the blue which is the why it is smaller

http://www.bayfish.com.au/category18_1.htm

Never seen the blue variety before only the gold ones, would be nice if you had a pair of each colour to breed, any chance of that ?

Hmm, unfortunately not. I only have 3 in total: 1 as a real golden one, and the 2 of which I have sent pictures. They were brought in for me, and I am afraid I won't be able to get any more.

Yeah as Amerce has already stated you appear to have two different species of Panchax there.
Any luck with the American contacts.
Regards
BigC

Yeah as Amerce has already stated you appear to have two different species of Panchax there.
Any luck with the American contacts.
Regards
BigC

Hi Colin! Well, first of all I'd like to say that the killies I have have acclimatised completely. They are blending in nicely with the existing fish, and make sure they get a fair amount of the food provided.

I have put the killie project on hold a bit, as I am to go abroad on a business trip, followed by a move of house, which will keep me busy until the end of the year. I thought it to be imprudent to try and have people shipping fish to me during that time :) . I did find in Mexico city during my last trip a person that claims to be selling more than just the yellow and blue panchax. I have his contact details, and am trying to find out what exactly he can deliver me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back