Are these shrimp eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ianvaldius

Reaction score
Thereā€™s a saclike thing attached to the side of the tank with a bunch of white specks in it. Itā€™s a shrimp tank, but I thought shrimp carried their eggs. Nothing else in the tank but pest snails and a neeite snail. But I thought I remembered nerites dropped the big white flecks, not sacs.
80650123-AFDE-4339-B015-1A273EFC7FF2.png

Realized they might be pest snail eggs. Iā€™ll wait for someone elseā€™s analysis and probably perform a water change tomorrow.

Pest snail-pond snail. I have them in my tanks, they tend to be hitchhikers on plants. You can toss them or let them stay.
Thanks I realized that like a few minutes before you replied. I was confused because I had never seen them in my other tanks before, but maybe the Kuhlis and Cories are them in their respective tanks.

Pond snails leave a clear jelly around their eggs, nerites snails leave white dots for eggs but will not hatch in freash water. Apple/mystery snails lay their eggs just above the water line.

Pond snails leave a clear jelly around their eggs, nerites snails leave white dots for eggs but will not hatch in freash water. Apple/mystery snails lay their eggs just above the water line.

I agree with @Retired Viking their pest pond snails/snail eggs from the clear egg clutch and brown coloration. My bladder snails egg clutches are foggy white colored and the snails are darker with lighter spots everywhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back