Are these results okay?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darter217

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
On day 15 of my fishless cycle and these are my test results. Thankfully ammonia has dropped for the first time and nitrates babe started to appear! Anyone care to lend their opinion on if these results are okay?

Attachments

• PXL_20201016_170709170~2.jpg
    PXL_20201016_170709170~2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 50
Nitrite is going up which is good. Wait until you reach the target of "ammonia less than 0.75 and nitrite over 2" then you can add the next dose of ammonia.

The nitrate tester converts nitrate into nitrite then measures nitrite. Since you have nitrite in the water it will distort the nitrate reading. Once nitrite drops to zero, then you'll get a more accurate nitrate reading.

Nitrite is going up which is good. Wait until you reach the target of "ammonia less than 0.75 and nitrite over 2" then you can add the next dose of ammonia.

The nitrate tester converts nitrate into nitrite then measures nitrite. Since you have nitrite in the water it will distort the nitrate reading. Once nitrite drops to zero, then you'll get a more accurate nitrate reading.

Going quite well then. Some positive news to brighten up my day after encountering hydra, planaria, flies and a cocoon in the tank. Got some no planaria on the way as I won't be letting any little critters ruin my fishless cycle journey!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back