Temperature issue?

Jennet13 71

Fish Crazy
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Jul 20, 2026
Messages
278
Reaction score
377
Points
63
Location
Stourbridge, UK
I have this morning turned up the temperature on the aquarium that I started cycling. This has resulted in one larger snail, and two very, very small snails appearing towards the upper edge and middle of my aquarium. Do snails not like higher temperatures? My temp is currently 28.3C or 82.94F.
 
This is a fishless cycle, and a higher temperature is recommended for this as the cycle goes faster in warmer water. From our fishless cycling method
To get a tank cycled in a reasonable amount of time, you need to make sure that, in addition to ammonia, the bacteria will also have:............. a heater set to between 75F and 85F (24C and 29C).

However, I think your tank has plants @Jennet ? If so you may want to check the plants can cope with a higher temp.
 
Sorry if I've left you confused FattyFish, I turned the temp up thinking my cycling may go faster, did not think about plant temperatures. However it bought out the one snail I had seen in the tank one day after adding a new plant, and then I noticed a couple of tiny snails on the glass also, so I used the opportunity to pull them out. I just wondered if this was due to the higher heat.
I will throw a lettuce leaf or some cucumber in there overnight tonight, see if I can attract the rest out. Really do dislike snails.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top