Are these fish ok for my tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Personally, I like African cichlids but I don’t think I have the room in my tank. I’d prefer to go with mixed community as apposed to african cichlids. What plants could I have as just a regular community tank?

40 g is around 150 liters that is big enough. But as far as a community tank I would suggest to buffer your water, so it is soft/acid then you can do anything you like. Put peat in your tank or almond leaves and some drift wood. See if you can't get it back, so that you then can keep a whole range of fishes. If you buffer your water you can then have any plants you like.

Also my mum doesn’t rlly want me to get rid of the fish in there since I brought the tank as it was stocked already and she said that I need to keep the fish in there. Plus African cichlids are hard to find in my area and they aren’t the cheapest either

40 g is around 150 liters that is big enough. But as far as a community tank I would suggest to buffer your water, so it is soft/acid then you can do anything you like. Put peat in your tank or almond leaves and some drift wood. See if you can't get it back, so that you then can keep a whole range of fishes.

Ok thank you for information

Always start with stemmed plants Cabomba, Ambulia, Hygrophlia, Then add java ferns and crypts, Amazon swords etc.

Will they appear in the forums section or some where else?
Enter a fish name into the search facility. Click on the fish name when it appears. Just about everything you need to know about your selected fish appears as you scroll down the page. Food, temps, full grown size, min tank size reqd, tank mates, recommended plants, ph, water hardness, min number per tank, breeding info, etc etc

If a fish doesn’t appear try it in google with seriously fish.com added to your search as there’s sometimes problems with their internal search thingy.

Enter a fish name into the search facility. Click on the fish name when it appears. Just about everything you need to know about your selected fish appears as you scroll down the page. Food, temps, full grown size, min tank size reqd, tank mates, recommended plants, ph, water hardness, min number per tank, breeding info, etc etc

If a fish doesn’t appear try it in google with seriously fish.com added to your search as there’s sometimes problems with their internal search thingy.

Ok thank you so much

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can lower my pH to 6.5? Like any products?

Also what would be a good center piece for a 40 gallon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back