Are having LIVE PLANTS essential?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well, my guppies are so small buy pregnant.. lets see how much they drop..
:)

the one pregnant in ma big community tank are:

3 swordtails
2 guppies
1 platy

thinking of moving all of these to the small tank..

is it a good idea?? dont want em to eat the frys..

UM3R said:
well, my guppies are so small buy pregnant.. lets see how much they drop..
:)

the one pregnant in ma big community tank are:

3 swordtails
2 guppies
1 platy

thinking of moving all of these to the small tank..

is it a good idea?? dont want em to eat the frys..
you can move the pregnant one to the small tank when it's time and then when she's finished dropping, move her to the bigger tank.

How do I know when its time? I know u look at the spot but they all have it. :(

I'm getting confused day by day... How fat does it have to be? And how canu tell for sure? Cos i cant. Dont wanna transfer her too quick!

UM3R said:
How do I know when its time? I know u look at the spot but they all have it. :(

I'm getting confused day by day... How fat does it have to be? And how canu tell for sure? Cos i cant. Dont wanna transfer her too quick!
some times when i see one of my pregnant fish hiding behind a plant at the back, that's when i know she's about to drop. if it's a guppy, you can see the side of the body more square then round.

So does this mean that my swordtails about to drop? I have been noticing her movements for 2 days and she stays in hidden places.

She isnt as fat as the other swordtail females though... :S

Time to move her to the new tank? Wot do u suggest.. Someone said that she might be ill but i dunno wot to look for... :/

UM3R said:
So does this mean that my swordtails about to drop? I have been noticing her movements for 2 days and she stays in hidden places.

She isnt as fat as the other swordtail females though... :S

Time to move her to the new tank? Wot do u suggest.. Someone said that she might be ill but i dunno wot to look for... :/
try to transfer her to another tank to get her strength back if she's ill and if she's not ill then she might be in labour. iether way, you're helping her. if you keep leaving her in the big tank, the others are gonna stress her out and if she's giving birth, they might eat the little ones.

Fish is still in the big tank as she aint preg anymore.. i think she dropped last night... all fries are missing tho.. :( cant see any.. probably became a nice snack for others...

have transfered the other preg females inc guppies.. lets see what happens.. fingers crossed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back