Are All Loaches Aggressive?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I want some loaches for my 4ft. I've always loved the botia but never had any. The zebra, skunk, pakistani, chain etc. but I have a couple of cories still going strong and don't want them to hassle them. Which of the botia, if any, could I put in there?
 
some loaches are i think its the skunk loaches that are aggressive im not sure
 
i have 2 angelic botia loaches and a horse face loach in my community tank and they never bother any of the other fish.
 
I have a Zebra who is perfectly happy and docile in my now snail-free community tank :good:
 
Hi mel
I would go for either dwarf chain loach or botia kubotai
both stay relatively small and usually get on great with cories
 
Weatherloaches do fine in mid to low tropical temps and are extremelt friendly fish. They don't bother others and become very tame. I had one that used to wind round my fingers and feed from my hand whenever I put my hand in the tank. The golden variety are particularly pretty.
 
I've got 6 Kuhli loaches and they are interesting little things. get to about 4", low on the bio-load and like a lot of others the more cover they have, the more they come out to play.
They don't eat snails though as their mouth is the wrong shape apparently and their markings are like fingers prints - unique to each one!
They are super peaceful, get along on the bottom quite happily with my corys and shrimp
 

Most reactions

Back
Top