Arcadia Freshwater Or Arcadia Plant Pro

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I have an Arcadia Overtank Luminaire and am wondering which tubes would be best for my plants. Any advice appreciated. :good:

I have an Arcadia Overtank Luminaire and am wondering which tubes would be best for my plants. Any advice appreciated. :good:

Hi, i have an arcadia luminaire over my setup it houses 4x54w t5 plant pros, i cant say how good they are because i am still waiting for my plants to arrive, nobody has say anything against them so i am hopeing they will do a good job, regards john

Thanks for your reply John. I am going with 2 x blue moons and 2 x other. Just curious which is best. Let me know how you get on with the plant pros. :good:

Thanks for your reply John. I am going with 2 x blue moons and 2 x other. Just curious which is best. Let me know how you get on with the plant pros. :good:

HI, my plants will be here this week so when they get going i will let you know how they are doing,regards john

Anyone have any more concrete info on this? I don't want to buy blind and then find i've gone for the wrong ones.

i think the best way of knowing is to find there spectrums, then if they have large blue and red peaks then plants will love it, but saying that i never got anypearling till i changed to interpet day light which have a huge green peak

So green and red is best????
NOOOOoooooo supposedly blue and red, plants love it apparently but it does give a purple glow many people dislike, triphospher bulbs will most likely give the high in blue and red spectrum plants like, i dont think it matters much eitherway to be honest plants will adapt and grow under almost anylight (i think, dont quote me :p )

Ok. heres my options:-

Tropical Lamp

TropicalLamp.jpg

Freshwater Lamp

FrashwaterLamp.jpg

Plant Pro Lamp

PlantProLamp.gif

Anyone advise please?

buy the looks of those charts,i would say tropical lights.

i just use a regular flouresent light. i dont care, my fish dont care, and my plants dont care! so it all works out well.

tropical or freshwater id say, i would say personaly, at the end of the day they will all grow plants

I use Plant pro tubes along with Life Glo 2 tubes. Plant Pro on their own will give the tank a very purplish hue. I think you'd be better using a mixture of Plant Pro and some full spectrum tubes (like the freshwater tube you mention above). DON'T use Blue Moon type tubes. I'm assuming that these are actnic tubes that give out a very blue light. The only thing that'll thank you for using those is algae. They are designed for marine tanks, not fresh water. Stick to tubes created specifically for fresh water.

WK

The plant pro has 4 peaks in the spectrum if you look so will give the plants the light they need as well as the fish 'colour enhancement'

The original Tropical Lamp is Arcadia's budget lamp (hence the cheap price) and mine has been in my cabinet where it will remain unless I do not have a better one. lol

I use a 55W Interpet daylightplus at the back and an 18W Arcadia Freshwater at the front.

I currently only use all 73W (2.5WPG) for a 6 hour period with the 18W (0.6WPG) for 3 hours either side on its own and my plants grow like mad, so I can only conclude that the daylight lights provide the plants with all the light they need and that there is no need for 'pink' lights which IMO give an awful hue to the tank especially if you have light coloured substrate like myself. In the case of the Original Tropical it is also much darker than with the freshwater.

Picture of the tank with Original Tropical in the front
FrontAfter.jpg

Picture ofthe same tank a few weeks later with Freshwater in the front.
Front-2.jpg

I think you'll agree with me the second pic looks much better and there has been much better growth as well since 'ditching' the Orig Tropical.

Andy

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I will go for a mix of Plant Pro and Freshwater lamps. I'll post some pics once i get them. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back