Aquatic Plants And Fake Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

eddyg2007

Reaction score
hi folks just looking for a bit of information about the diffrences of the plants. I currently have artificial plants in my tank but was thinking of getting real plants. I was justmwondering what sort of maintenace you do for aquatic plants? any help will be great

www.plantedgeek.net try that for info....

but repost this question in the plants and planted tanks section of the forum, you'll get the help you need off the experts in there!

Well not a great deal to be honest. I never understood why people use fake ones to be honest.

Some people like myself choose to add a 'compost' type material in under your gravel or sand, like i do. but it's not essential.

In terms of maintenance I would say just trimming or cutting back now and then, removing any dead leaves, dead plants etc. It's really not much effort to be honest.

If you play your cards right, you could buy a batch of bunched plants and they would end up growing big enough for you to trim, then you can use the trimmings to start again with a new bunch so you'd never have to buy any more again!

Depends what type of plants you want though!
:)

www.plantedgeek.net try that for info....

but repost this question in the plants and planted tanks section of the forum, you'll get the help you need off the experts in there!
thanks did not know there was a section on plants

Well not a great deal to be honest. I never understood why people use fake ones to be honest.

Some people like myself choose to add a 'compost' type material in under your gravel or sand, like i do. but it's not essential.

In terms of maintenance I would say just trimming or cutting back now and then, removing any dead leaves, dead plants etc. It's really not much effort to be honest.

If you play your cards right, you could buy a batch of bunched plants and they would end up growing big enough for you to trim, then you can use the trimmings to start again with a new bunch so you'd never have to buy any more again!

Depends what type of plants you want though!
:)
yeah well i am moving house next week so the whole tank will have to get renovated and was thinking just to go for aquatic plants instead of fake ones.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back