Aquatic Frogs....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
I've been looking for ADFs for a while now... but anyway. At the lfs they had what I think were african clawed frogs (it said on the label they grow big and eat fish), but they had another type.... I can't remember what though. But if anyone can help me remember the name I'd be happy, and can you add how big they grow please? If there are any.....
I preferably need to know today, I'm getting a betta tomorrow so I will want to get them at the same time. So I take it no one knows..... I will find out then if no one answers before 10:30, and tell you all. But I will also ask if they do ADFs.

OK, since no one else knows....
I think they are actually ADFs. They were labeled as African Congo frogs...... :X
Luckilly I remembered to ask. They had a tank full of albino ACFs there as well.....

My LFS has both ACF's and ADF's but they are labled "albino aquatic frogs" and "aquatic frogs" respectively. Very confusing for a newbie, luckily I had reseached first and asked whether they were clawed or dwarf and got an assistant that knew. Apparently, ADF albinos are rare, so most albinos will be ACF's.

Jon

ACF's 'back feet' are webbed, front feet are not, did you see those? If so you are safe.

Jon

Hmm... strange as this may sound, I don't think they had different coloured underbellies..... But next time I go, I will take my phone and get a pic so I remember and can maybe post it here. But I'm pretty sure they weren't ACFs in disguise, what would be the point of having 2 tanks of the same species with different labels?

OohFeeshy said:
OK, since no one else knows....
I think they are actually ADFs. They were labeled as African Congo frogs...... :X
Luckilly I remembered to ask. They had a tank full of albino ACFs there as well.....
Yeah Congo Frogs are ADF's.

I have a Male and Female, and hoping to get another this weekend, to replace the one who got his leg mangled in my filter, I have now Idea how he did it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back