Aquatic frog bloated

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miss Piggy

Reaction score
B4BDD27A-974D-41EF-A114-D9AA8674FE61.jpeg

It looks like dropsy rather than bloat perhaps? Very hard to treat in Adf. Have you quarantined him at all.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long has the tank been set up for?
How long have you had the frog?
How long has the frog been fat/ bloated?
How long did it take to get like that?
What do you feed the frog?
Did you add or do anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before that happened?

It looks like dropsy rather than bloat perhaps? Very hard to treat in Adf. Have you quarantined him at all.
Yes quarantined. I have a vet friend and she’s going to X-ray then go from there. My husband bout croaked at me taking her to a vet😂

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long has the tank been set up for?
How long have you had the frog?
How long has the frog been fat/ bloated?
How long did it take to get like that?
What do you feed the frog?
Did you add or do anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before that happened?

I have had Miss Piggy for almost 8 years.
This has never happened before. I noticed it about a week now. Like she just blew up!
I quarantined her. She’d never had snails with her before. Mystery snails then baby snails came.I cleaned them out as they became too many! Always have ate frozen blood worms. I did put some tetra flake in for the little fish. Which was only thing new as far as food.
I have a vet friend, she says X-ray first. If it’s parasites the vet can help. ??

Frogs and other creatures need variety in their diet. When the frog is better, you need to add more types of food to its diet.

The only major internal parasites are intestinal worms and they don't cause things to suddenly balloon up. Suddenly getting fat can be a cyst or infection. Internal infections usually cause the animal to stop eating and die within a few days to a week.

Get the x-rays done and go from there. Keep us posted and best of luck :)

Blood worms can cause bloat in aquatic frogs. Frozen shrimp, black worms, and earth worms are better choices.

Most reactions

trending

Back