Aquascape Ideas For My Tank Please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You'll have to keep an eye out for roots sprouting out the middle of those plants too.

Maybe a few crypts for the front?
Some Anubias would look nice attached to your bogwood too :D

Will the cabomba grow to the top of the tank?  I'm hoping it will on left and right, and I'll keep central area trimmed.  Lighting is nothing other than single standard hood T5 tube, no CO2, no ferts, pH 7.6, temp 25C, sand substrate.

That looks super! I'm sure the Cabomba will grow to the top, mine went huge! 

I agree with Shelster's suggestion of the Anubias and crypts. Or even just the Anubias at this stage. Would like nice with a little open area at the front. Great job!

Yes the cabomba will grow well once it's established, you'll be constantly taking cuttings and replanting.

Well less than two weeks later, the cabomba has come along really well!  I needn't have worried about it growing to the top of the tank!

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 107
They have done well - are you going to add smaller plants to the front?

Haven't decided yet; thought I'd see how the cabomba got on.  I do like the front being relatively clear for viewing purposes, but something small and grassy could be good.  But so far so good, so I could a plant addiction coming on, seeing as my fish stock is just about full (although thinking of a small blue ram or two and adding another 150 l Aquael filter).  Also got some half coconut caves on the way to hide amongst the cabomba.....knowing I'd need plenty of hideouts for a ram.

yes very lovely picture :) that cabomba looks very healthy :) more fluffy than mine but mine is growing so rapid i don't think it can keep up :p i have a few thats 54" in length now and its just curling up on the surface haha dam stuff gets every where keep the pics coming :) cant w8 to see how you fill out the front may i suggest some crypts? mix and match with some purple ones and green ones?

I think it needs more contrast up front. Maybe some small moss covered rocks to create more depth.

I agree; already got some coconut caves soaking in old tank water!  Will try my hand at growing some moss or java fern on them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back