Aquarium - which are HALVED

If your tank has a lid/cover, and you design and make the divider yourself, you could easily make sure it extends above the surface of the water and meets the bottom of the tank cover.;). That is if you are set on dividing a tank for shrimp and a Betta... The other option, which might be more expensive initially, but will probably be less of a hassle in the long run, would be to just use separate tanks for them.... If your like the rest of us with MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome), you probably don't need much persuasion to get another tank.:D

Yes, @dmpfishlover made an excellent point. You is custom made a divider, you could make sure it extended all the way up to the lid. That way, nothing could climb it.

If you are just looking to keep snails/shrimp, you could get a see-through divider, or a non see-though divider. It is your choice.

Yes, I will...
The problem is I don't even have a large enough tank yet......It may take a while ;)
But thank you so much for all your suggestions!
Don't worry, MTS (Multiple tank syndrome) will eventually MAKE you get a bigger tank, it always happens... :hey: :rofl:

Hi!
Not sure if anyone is still interested but today I got a tank! So so happy!
It is a 40l tank (almost 9 gal) with a heater and filter.
I was wondering if anyone could help me to take me through the steps on how to cycle and clean the aquarium properly, I will start a new thread if people want me to :)

Eg - I need to rinse the new tank and gravel, can I just do it with normal tap water or do I need to dechlorinate the water?

Tap water should be fine to rinse both with as long as you add a dechlorinator when you fill the tank. I would suggest you start out by reading a thread posted on this forum on Cycling your tank (link below), then ask us any questions that you might have!! The thread is extremely informative and very helpful. :)

Hi!
Not sure if anyone is still interested but today I got a tank! So so happy!
It is a 40l tank (almost 9 gal) with a heater and filter.
I was wondering if anyone could help me to take me through the steps on how to cycle and clean the aquarium properly, I will start a new thread if people want me to :)

Eg - I need to rinse the new tank and gravel, can I just do it with normal tap water or do I need to dechlorinate the water?
OH, and I should have said... Congrats on the new tank!!! :yahoo:

Hi.
Sorry to bring up this thread again.....
@PheonixKingZ I understand what you mean about MTS now...the urge to get more tanks and upgrade my tank is overwhelming! I literally spend hours looking at fish tanks online....I tell my self I will be satisfied with just one more tank, but then I will get it, and want another one! Same with my pets, I promise myself I will be satisfied with rabbits, but then I go ahead and get chickens.

Anyway, I should probably start a new thread but I'm not sure since its kind of related to the tank divider thing. :)
Does anyone know any small battery powered portable filters?
Mini filter and bubbler - I like this one but it looks so flimsy and I doubt it will clean a mini tank well.

Thanks and sorry for posting on here.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyway, I should probably start a new thread but I'm not sure since its kind of related to the tank divider thing. :)
Does anyone know any small battery powered portable filters?
Mini filter and bubbler - I like this one but it looks so flimsy and I doubt it will clean a mini tank well.

Thanks and sorry for posting on here.
I have no experience with that. I would honestly just start a new thread. There are more members who could help you out on this subject. ;)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back