Aquarium - which are HALVED

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew any brands/models of aquariums which are halved (have a barrier down he middle) and at the same time look nice.
I've done my research but the only divided aquariums I can find look bulky, are either plastic and tiny or massive.

Thank you.

Thank you,
I was thinking of having triops and cherry shrimp/ orange fairy shrimp in one half, and some other fish (eg bettas) in the other.
Some people say that they are fine together, although I don't think so.
I think some of them will probably get eaten/ and or injured.

Tank dividers are a good idea, thanks.

A tank divider would do the trick and would be much less expensive than buying a tank that is completely divided into two separate tanks with a solid pane of glass or acrylic. From what I understand, tank dividers still allow water to flow from one end of the tank to the other so you would only need one filter and heater, as long as the water flow between the two sides is sufficient. If you were to buy a completely divided tank, then I am assuming you would need to buy two filters and two heaters.

The only thing I am unsure of, that you should definitely look into, is how much space is there between the divider and the glass... If it is big enough then some shrimp could potentially fit through the space and into the side where the Betta is.. I have never used a divider, so I am by no means and expert, and there may be more than one kine, so I would suggest you do your research/homework. :)

I've looked at some tank dividers, hopefully they aren't too hard to install. hey
There are different kinds of dividers, I will need to find the best one.

Yes, just get or make a tank divider. What species of fish are you planning on keeping? The answer to that question, will determine what material the divider will be made of.

Yes, just get or make a tank divider. What species of fish are you planning on keeping? The answer to that question, will determine what material the divider will be made of.
That was mentioned above

In that case, (bettas) get a solid divider. (Something that you can't see through)

Bettas will try to attack each other through glass, or mesh.

Oh, thank you, I didn't know that...
What about if on the other side there were shrimps/triops?

There is a risk that shrimps will climb over a divider......

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back