Aquarium Weight

wow lots of info. i did not read it all. But when i get my larger aquarium I will read the whole thing. Good read. Thanks.
 
I read it all. Sat with hubby and discussed some of the points as we're planning to set up a large marine tank in our living room.
After discussing how and where to add additional joist supports, we figured we probably don't need too after all.
Our joists are 2"x10". We live on the ground floor - there's about 3ft of space under our floor. Our living room is about 12ft wide and the walls the joists run from/to are both support walls. Then every 4ft there is an additional support wall under the joists. So, our joists only ever span 4ft. Also, we have 1" thick tongue-and-groove floorboards that run perpendicular to the joists, rather than plywood over them. I think we got lucky there.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top