Aquarium Timer

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
well a timer is a timer, as long as it actually works. It should be fine as long as your ok with both tanks having the same lighting periods

They usually do anyways...lol  Actually all three do but only 2 have live plants in them right now.  I'm sure we will get live plants for the third one sometimes if I can get these two to make it.

pumpkinnose said:
http://www.petco.com/product/122939/Zoo-Med-AquaSun-Dual-Aquarium-Timer.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

I was looking at this and was debating about getting it for my 30 gallon which seems to have a small problem with algae.  It probably would be the best for at least that one and my 10 gallon betta tank but wanted to see if I could see what others though.

Thanks
I use a cheap timer from ebay for my lighting. You can set how many hours and what time yourself. Why not get one of those instead? Only one socket at a time but you can get 2 for very cheap. 

Unseen said:

http://www.petco.com/product/122939/Zoo-Med-AquaSun-Dual-Aquarium-Timer.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

I was looking at this and was debating about getting it for my 30 gallon which seems to have a small problem with algae.  It probably would be the best for at least that one and my 10 gallon betta tank but wanted to see if I could see what others though.

Thanks
I use a cheap timer from ebay for my lighting. You can set how many hours and what time yourself. Why not get one of those instead? Only one socket at a time but you can get 2 for very cheap. 

Me too, think I got mine from B&Q a hardware store here in the UK only £1 each!

I use a timer on my aquarium and it works really well. I set it to a 12 hour cycle, which does cause a slight algae problem, but as my livebearers are species that particularly love algae, they doe a decent job at helping keep it under control. What they don't is easily taken care of using an algae scrubber when I do my water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back