Aquarium Salt

homerhotspur

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am currently treating a poorly Zebra Danio with a swimbladder problem. The instructions suggest the use of some aquarium salt at the same time, which I have just bought.

I note that it is suggested that this Salt is used generally for the tanks well being as a tonic, each water change.

Does anyone use Salt as a matter of course for their tropical fish as this is a new idea for me( I thought this was purely for Marine fish) and have you seen any benefits or problems?
 
What med are you using.
What other fish do you have in the tank.
Is it the interpet med that suggesting salt.

Swim bladder can be caused by bad water quality, unstable temp, bad diet, injury, birth defect, bacterial infection of the swim bladder, internal parasites.

http://www.flippersandfins.net/SwimbladderDisease.htm
 
I note that it is suggested that this Salt is used generally for the tanks well being as a tonic, each water change.

Does anyone use Salt as a matter of course for their tropical fish as this is a new idea for me( I thought this was purely for Marine fish) and have you seen any benefits or problems?
Its a bad idea.
Worthless at best and has the potential to do damage over the long term.

Read this post: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry1877744
 

Most reactions

Back
Top