Aquarium leak? Please help! scared

cajungirl0487

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question. But I'm having a problem with my fish tank leaking from the TOP, where the black base/trim is near the lid. I just noticed this today. I noticed some dried up water stains/drips down the front top corner of my tank... when I wiped the top crack where the black trim is, it was a little wet. Not pouring out, but very slowly leaking out. I can't tell if there is silicone or not in that area. This is hard to explain, but I hope y'all understand what I'm saying. I did notice my filter "blowing" the water up the glass in that area, I guess the filter is strong so it's pushing the water up the walls a little, but nothing major... maybe the water is being pushed up into the black base then dripping out from the outside? If this is the problem, can I put some of this "Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant" into the crack where it's leaking? I've NEVER had to do this before, my old 29 gallon aquarium was like 7 years old & I sold it & it was still perfectly fine, but this one is about 4 yrs old & now this... and im very scared it's gonna bust or leak all over or something & my parents will kill me if it ruins their living room. This is a link to the silicone sealant I found on amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZB1QQ2/?tag=ff0d01-20

My tank was purchased brand new in 2014, it's a Marineland 46 gallon bow front. This is the first time I've ever had any problems with it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Perhaps you need a baffle on the filter outlet, You could fashion one out of an empty water bottle, Failing this lower the water a couple of inches making sure your filter is no longer making the area wet (you could just run with the level lower than the very top!)....if not, let things dry out. Then IF required you could clean well and put a bead of clear 100% silicone where the top plastic rim meets the glass. it must cure for 48 hours before getting wet

Not sure where to post this question. But I'm having a problem with my fish tank leaking from the TOP, where the black base/trim is near the lid. I just noticed this today. I noticed some dried up water stains/drips down the front top corner of my tank... when I wiped the top crack where the black trim is, it was a little wet. Not pouring out, but very slowly leaking out. I can't tell if there is silicone or not in that area. This is hard to explain, but I hope y'all understand what I'm saying. I did notice my filter "blowing" the water up the glass in that area, I guess the filter is strong so it's pushing the water up the walls a little, but nothing major... maybe the water is being pushed up into the black base then dripping out from the outside? If this is the problem, can I put some of this "Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant" into the crack where it's leaking? I've NEVER had to do this before, my old 29 gallon aquarium was like 7 years old & I sold it & it was still perfectly fine, but this one is about 4 yrs old & now this... and im very scared it's gonna bust or leak all over or something & my parents will kill me if it ruins their living room. This is a link to the silicone sealant I found on amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZB1QQ2/?tag=ff0d01-20

My tank was purchased brand new in 2014, it's a Marineland 46 gallon bow front. This is the first time I've ever had any problems with it.

If you can’t get the silicone yet, I’d lower the water just below the crack so it doesn’t leak out, just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
try redirecting the filter outlet and see if it stops. maybe drop the water level 1/2 an inch too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back