Aquarium Ideas

sic0198

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anyone have any links to websites that gives you ideas of how ya wanna decorate your aquarium, like pictures of other peoples setups.

I have a 10 gallon, it has aa couple live plants in it and 2 corys, 2 painted glass fish, 3 reb cherry shrimp, 3 guppies, a little red sword tail, zebra danio, 2 orange fish in it, I just want some ideas of how to decorate it.

If you have any suggestions please tell me.

ratemytank.com is a cool place to see pics and get ideas.

The fish are doing fine so far, but I am gonna get a better filter. But I was asking for ideas on how to decorate it not if I have too many fish?

The fish are doing fine so far, but I am gonna get a better filter. But I was asking for ideas on how to decorate it not if I have too many fish?

Oh, right. Sorry mate lol

With some floating plants you can achieve a 'shaft-of-light-jesus-postcard' look.

I've always been keen on off center tanks. If you remember art class they talk about the rule of thirds. Every traditional painting is split into a left, right, and center portion with the focus of the painting almost never being in the middle.

Think of your tank like a painting. Have something that catches your eye, but also leads your eye to the main attraction of your tank.

eg: Floating plants on top, sand substrate, large wood or rock multi-cave type affair on the left that spans from the bottom of the tank almost to the top, curtain of plants and bubbles at the rear, and a row of plants that starts from small to large going from the right front corner of the tank all the way around the back to the multi cave dealy.

I had always wanted a marine tank with bright corals and lots of light and colour, however, i now have black glass gravel, bog wood, and other dark woods, with bright green plastic plants and a few large white rocks, i put in 2 special bulbs which are not bright but really bring out the colours. The contrast of the white rocks & dark gravel is spectacular and better than i ever expected it to be. I also have a timer on the lights so that when the 2 main bulbs turn off at 10pm a single blue spot light shines right into the middle of the tank through the dark. When my Yellow Angels or Silver Dollars swim through this ray of blue its a thing of beauty. Im workign on getting pictures uploaded so watch this space!
Mine is a corner unit tank and on the glass on each side at the back i have a sticker of what looks like the inside of a cave, its just grey rocks but really gives a natural feel to the tank.

have a look through the members pics section of this forum :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back