Aquarium Hood Size

Crossfire

Cogito Ergo Sum
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered some nice plants of the internet: tiger lotus, dwarf baby tears, and some blyxa aubertii. I'm finally done with cycling with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, and 80 nitrates. Tomorrow I'm doing a big water change and will introduce my lone glofish Mr. Gucchi M. Fishy :rolleyes: tomorrow afterwards. However, the current aquarium hood I have is an LED night?day kit and I got it because the moonlight was cool, but sucks in the light department :S . This weekend i'm hitting PetSmart to buy filter floss to get particles out of my water and a new hood and lights. Im interested in Aqueaon hoods (even though I have a Marineland aquarium :shifty: )but it said that for a 20 gallon long I need a 30" hood ???? :blink:
How does that work? I looked at it and it seems too big to fit on my aquarium, but I can't deny the facts I've seen. Do I really need a 30" hood for a 20 gallon? My tank dimensions are 24x12x14 inches

24" is a reg 20g tank. So if your dimensions are 24" wide then you will need a 24" hood. :good:

A 20g long is 30" so you would need a 30" hood or a hood rated for a 29gal tank (not 30gal!!)

24" is a reg 20g tank. So if your dimensions are 24" wide then you will need a 24" hood. :good:

A 20g long is 30" so you would need a 30" hood or a hood rated for a 29gal tank (not 30gal!!)
oh ok thanks a bunch :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back