Aquarium Help Please

seth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
the tank i have is a 26 gallon tank. its really nice.
i have the 16 Bow Front Black Geneva Series Aquarium the website says it is a 26 gallon. i was just wondering if this many fish can fit. the fish im getting are 6 neon tetras, 6 guppys, 4 dwarf rasbora, 3 coolie loach, 1 betta (male) 1 butterfly chicled, 1 blue perch, 5 glofish and 1 of those goldfish who look like there eyes are coming out of their head.
http://aquaticcritter.com/Critter_News/GloFish.htm the link is to some info about the glofish. i appreciate any help i can get. thanks

Seth Kaatz

the tank i have is a 26 gallon tank. its really nice.
i have the 16 Bow Front Black Geneva Series Aquarium the website says it is a 26 gallon. i was just wondering if this many fish can fit. the fish im getting are 6 neon tetras, 6 guppys, 4 dwarf rasbora, 3 coolie loach, 1 betta (male) 1 butterfly chicled, 1 blue perch, 5 glofish and 1 of those goldfish who look like there eyes are coming out of their head.
http://aquaticcritter.com/Critter_News/GloFish.htm the link is to some info about the glofish. i appreciate any help i can get. thanks

Seth Kaatz
The tank is 20"x18"x13" and holds 16 gallons so it can only house small fish.
If you want a goldfish, need to make a choice - goldfish or tropicals and this tank is too small to house goldfish, and only TWO goldfish, for more than a few months before they need upgrading to a larger tank.

Of your list it could hold the neons , male only guppies, 3 coolies and I would suggest a pair of honey gouramis .
Glowfish are GM zebra danios & this tank is a bit short in length for such active fish - if you really want them, skip the guppies & gouramis as the upper levels would be crowded. Four pentazona barbs OR black neons would give lower level interest instead.

Look up fishless cycling. You have a month while you do this to fine tune your stocking choices.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back