Aquari-sol Question

lil'swimmer

Reaction score
Will using aquarisol (to treat ich) diring the 2nd half of the cycling process on a new tank disrupt this process, or will using as directed not harm the bacteria?

began cycling (by adding a pleco) to a new tank about 28 days ago. Low-to-no amonia, very high nitrite, now pleco has the ich real bad. Will using the aquarisol kill the nitrifying bacteria?

The reason why the pleco has ick is probably because he is really stressed out from the high levels of ammonia and/or nitrite. You should be doing multiple daily water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrite levels down to 0 ppm, or as close as possible without letting them get above .25 ppm.

-FHM

The reason why the pleco has ick is probably because he is really stressed out from the high levels of ammonia and/or nitrite. You should be doing multiple daily water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrite levels down to 0 ppm, or as close as possible without letting them get above .25 ppm.

-FHM

I appreciate your insight. I figured that much out already, though. Doing the water changes daily now. What I would really like to know is not why my fish has ich, but if Copper Sulfate (Aquarisol) used as directed affects the nitrifying bacteria that is trying to colonize in my tank. I can't find the answer to this anywhere. Does anyone know?

I did list the ingredients. COPPER SULFATE.
Either you know or you don't. Its ok if you don't know everything.

[quote name='lil'swimmer' post='2572653' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:16 PM']I did list the ingredients. COPPER SULFATE.
Either you know or you don't. Its ok if you don't know everything.[/quote]
Why the heck are you acting like this

Obviously I do not know the answer or you would have had it by now! I don't know everything, so why the HECK did you state "Its ok if you don't know everything." way to be smart about it!

Serious dude! Its a forum!

And why don't you say "Ingredients: COPPER SULFATE!" Does this not seem like a better way to list ingredients?! If you did this then I would have not said "You should also list the ingredients on here as well" now would I?!!!!

Here, took me two seconds to search google: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper%28II%29_sulfate" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper%28II%29_sulfate</a>

Sorry to retaliate like this, but it has been a long day!

-FHM

[quote name='fatheadminnow' post='2572664' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:33 PM'][quote name='lil'swimmer' post='2572653' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:16 PM']I did list the ingredients. COPPER SULFATE.
Either you know or you don't. Its ok if you don't know everything.[/quote]
Why the heck are you acting like this

Obviously I do not know the answer or you would have had it by now! I don't know everything, so why the HECK did you state "Its ok if you don't know everything." way to be smart about it!

Serious dude! Its a forum!

And why don't you say "Ingredients: COPPER SULFATE!" Does this not seem like a better way to list ingredients?! If you did this then I would have not said "You should also list the ingredients on here as well" now would I?!!!!

Here, took me two seconds to search google: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper%28II%29_sulfate" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper%28II%29_sulfate</a>

Sorry to retaliate like this, but it has been a long day!

-FHM
[/quote]

A little bit of reading my post and you would have seen it said Copper Sulfate. You would have also seen that I asked a question relating to its effects on bacteria in my tank. You failed to comprehend both what the ingredients were and what my question was. I read the wiki article before I decided to ask a tank forum. I'm guessing you didn't read the article, because it still doesn't answer my question. The reason I asked the question in the first place is because the wiki article states copper sulfate can inhibit the growth of bacteria like e. coli. The thing is, I'm not culturing e. coli. I'm culturing nitrosomonos and nitrobacter.

I said its ok if you don't know everything because even though you didn't know the answer to my question you still had to make some comment.

Its ok though. I found the answer. No, it doesn't harm the nitrosomonos and nitrobacter when used according to the directions.

Hey, thanks for all your help though. I would have never thought to read wiki, call the company, or do water changes if it weren't for you! :good:

Yeah, sorry for my previous comments, I was in a bad mood yesterday. Also, I did read you question and the copper sulfate, multiple times, I just did not have any clue that copper sulfate was the ingredient because it looked so close to copper safe, another med, that I confused the two.

And no, I did not fail to comprehend what your question was or the ingredients. I think if I would fail at that I should not be at the university right now going for my B.S. for Mechanical Engineering.

On a forum you are going to get multiple points/view towards a subject, even if they do not directly relate to your original question.

-FHM

Yeah, sorry for my previous comments, I was in a bad mood yesterday. Also, I did read you question and the copper sulfate, multiple times, I just did not have any clue that copper sulfate was the ingredient because it looked so close to copper safe, another med, that I confused the two.

And no, I did not fail to comprehend what your question was or the ingredients. I think if I would fail at that I should not be at the university right now going for my B.S. for Mechanical Engineering.

On a forum you are going to get multiple points/view towards a subject, even if they do not directly relate to your original question.

-FHM

I tried using Aquari-sol ...but I switched to Rid Ich + and the Ick cleared within a week...I made the mistake of using Aquari-sol as a preventative, which worked fine for years, but other board members are against preventatives, which I am now too, so my fish probably bult up a tolerence for it....but Rid Ich + worked well

Most reactions

Back