Aquamanta EFX 200

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigManRobbo

Reaction score
Evening all,

Wonder if anyone can help, I have recently bought an second hand tank and efx200. I have had to do a deep clean on the tank and have just set everything up.

The issue I am having is that the aquamanta efx200 will not pump, I have sat and tried to pump this for well over 15 mins!

Can someone help me here as I have search YouTube and not found anything helpful really and google doesn’t seem to be bringing anything obvious either.

Much appreciated

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The following link is a pdf document with the instructions on how to set up and use the filter.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/fishkeeper-craft/downloads/Aquamanta-EFX-Filters-200-300-400.pdf

If you put the outlet hose into a bucket next to the filter, water should flow into the bucket. Give the filter case a gentle tap while this is happening, to release any air bubbles trapped in the filter. Then turn the filter on and see if it pumps water into the bucket. Get someone to hold the outlet hose in the bucket when you do this otherwise water could spray around.

Make sure the hoses/ hose connectors are on the side, (eg: the return hose is in the return spot and vice versa).

If it still doesn't work, post some pictures of it and we might be able to offer more insight.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The following link is a pdf document with the instructions on how to set up and use the filter.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/fishkeeper-craft/downloads/Aquamanta-EFX-Filters-200-300-400.pdf

If you put the outlet hose into a bucket next to the filter, water should flow into the bucket. Give the filter case a gentle tap while this is happening, to release any air bubbles trapped in the filter. Then turn the filter on and see if it pumps water into the bucket. Get someone to hold the outlet hose in the bucket when you do this otherwise water could spray around.

Make sure the hoses/ hose connectors are on the side, (eg: the return hose is in the return spot and vice versa).

If it still doesn't work, post some pictures of it and we might be able to offer more insight.

@Colin_T thank you, I will give this a go later today and update you
Thanks
Jamss

@Colin_T thank you, I will give this a go later today and update you
Thanks
Jamss
Hi @Colin_T i have just returned home from work and tried what you suggested, when the hose is placed in the bucket the water flows with no issues whatsoever however as soon as I place it back in the tank it doesn’t work. I have checked the head unit and it’s all clear I have removed the o-ring and all seems ok and the unit spins, it just doesn’t seem to have enough power to cycle it back to the tank? Any suggestions??

Thanks James

Try turning the filter on while you have the outlet hose in a bucket of water. There should be a noticeable increase in the water coming out of the hose when you do that. If there is no increase in water flow the motor or impellor could be stuffed.

Check the impellor (magnet with 3 or 4 plastic blades on one end). Hold the magnet with one hand and gently try to turn the plastic blades around. The plastic blades should turn about 180-250 degrees and then stop. If the blades go around continuously then the impellor is broken and needs replacing.

if the hoses are the same diameter, try swapping the hoses over and see if that works.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back