Aquamanta Efx 200 External Or Fluval 204 External

-Craig-

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm about to buy a new filter for my Clearseal 48x15x12 inch tank which had been sitting around for AGES!!!! so my question is AquaManta EFX 200 External or Fluval 204 External, The reason I'm even considering the EFX 200 is because it is cheaper, and my budget for this tank is £250, and the filter easily takes up most of that.

So I want to spend that £95 budget for my filter wisely, so which one is better, there both rated for 200 litres, so I'm over filtering this tank by 40 litres (I like to over filter), plus I hate internal filters, I prefer external, much easier to clean and you don't get the cloudy tank like you do when you pull internals out.

So which is better, not really in terms of value because I could easily spend that extra £20 - £30 providing this will benefit my new community tank, in Pets at home the fluval 204 goes for £93 (I was considering the 304 for £110 as it was rated for 300 litres but that would be a waste of money) at pets at home and the EFX 200 goes for £70 at Maidenhead Aquatics, So yeah which one would be better for my 160 litre.

Hey pal i had a 125 litre and now upgraded to a 180 litre and i used my maidenhead bought efx300 for both tanks....so mines over rated now by 120 litre..
Cracking filter very quiet and the spray bar is brill......for the little extra money i would go for the 300.
Always better to be overfiltered. Clears up my tank great and lots of media included.

I will consider the EFX 300... Cheers.

EDIT: I plan on having a 40 litre tank underneath to act as a sump, what filter can pump out water as fast as an EFX 300? because I want to put a TON of bio media in the sump as well as huge filter media, plus gravel, so I want to create my own DIY sump with the first section having gravel, then the 2nd gravel having sponge, etc, and the third having biomedia, then it would be pumped out.

Technically I would have the EFX 300 with a DIY filter, would that work?

Most reactions

Back