Aquaclear 50....to Get Or Not To Get!

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have an Aqueon QuietFlow 30. It's just not doing the job for me, I have a 29 gallon. I have heard nothing but good things of the AquaClear about it's filtration and simplicity. I am hoping to get the 50 gallon model. I found a tremendous price for it, It's $50.00 at PetSmart but $25.00 online. 

Are there any downsides to this filter? Is there a better one for around the price i can get this one?

i have an aquaclear 20 for my 10 gal and it does great, i love it much more then my tetra whisper ex 20 which does not have as good of flow to it which i like, 

All in all its a good filter and it just depends on what your preferences are, i also like mine because i can put the different inserts in the basket ( sponge filter, carbon on top of that and then bio max on top of that ) thats how i have mine set up!

Aquaclear is the best. Quiet and yet powerful. I would get the aquaclear 70 and close the throttle a bit, more filtration is better!

I use an emperor 280 and aquaclear 70. Only use emperor for bio wheel but if I didn't mind blowing $50 I would do an office space moment on the emperor and run two aquaclears. They make no noise it's incredible. Also to adjust flow you slide a piece left to right where emperor you install this god awful flow adjuster in the tank. Fluval bought the company out so the new box says fluval but aquaclear, little confusing but just keep that in mind. It's the same quiet hob though they made no changes.

I almost bought a bio-wheel filter just because i love the wheel spinning
tongue2.gif
but i got the aquaclear 20 instead and i love it!!

Yeah bio wheel is nice but requires more work for being more noisy. Honestly I think the bio bag in the aquaclear may be more beneficial...

i ran a aquaclear 50 on my tank for quite some time until it slowly broke... only to replaced by a tetra whisper ex30.

For the time I used it everything was good. It kept the water clear and was fairly quiet.  It is nice because you can choose the media you want to use in it, kind of like a canister filter but not quite as detailed LOL..  

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back