Aquabid And Transhipping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JustKia

Fish Herder
Reaction score
How does Aquabid and transhipping work?
If I place a bid on a fish and win, does the transhipper fee get included in the price I pay?
If not how do I pay the transhipper?
Do I have to contact them and advise I have bought a fish and ask them to then forward it to me?
How do I know which transhipper the seller will send the fish too?

Hi JustKia, I looked into this a while back and it's really for shipping loads of fish, not just one. You bid on the auction then tell them you're in the UK. The transhipper for UK is the german one, joachim. He gets the betta sent to him, then sends it on to you. I think you pay the seller for the betta and shipping to germany, then pay the transhipper to post to you.
The problem is, it's about 100euros shipping, whether it's one or 100 bettas :shout:
I have seen the name of a UK transhipper mentioned on here before, but he's not importing at the moment. I contacted several of the known importers to see if they'd use their licence for a particular one, but I got no joy at all.
So I'm back to keeping an eye out on eBay and the few websites I know about. There's an eBay seller just had a shipment in, so be looking over the next few days :)

Aquabid is for privateers and not large commercial fish import/exporters.
The idea is you bid on an item and that is normally the price for the goods. The P&P is almost always a separate entity.
Europen and American goods are pretty good at getting to you but items from farther afield may become the subject of more scrutiny and they may incur extra import duty.
ATB
C

I think I've kind of got my head round it now.
So, I pay the seller the cost of fish and cost of shipping to the transhipper.
I then contact the seller to say where I am and which transhipper I want to use.
I then contact the transhipper and tell them I am expecting X number of fish from (seller/place) and arrange to pay them any fees and shipping from there to here.

Whew, well when you see the fish you absolutely must have...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back