Aqua Rays Led Strips

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi guys and girls,

Just was going to buy some TMC aqua rays and came across someone who has had a bad experience. The person is the owner of a LFS and he ditched his halides to try the new LED system independently. His tank is a 4 footer and things were fine for a couple of months until the intensity started to fade and realised moisture collecting inside the units. He rang TMC directly and reported this to be told that it is a common problem and they are currently trying to find a solution. He has gone back to the well tested halides with no interest in LED technology until it is developed further.

Interesting eh,?? I am rethinking the whole thing now.

Regards

That was batch one of the LED's they were taken off sale and the seals re-designed. The new ones are said to be ok. Mine are batch two and are 4 months in and fine

on the note of DIY, i've seen one done using items from LED Supply. Prices would supposedly be significantly lower than buying a full strip

HI

I changed to TMC this morning, replacing 4 T5s (Tank is a 32 gallon nano). The units were so easy to fit, take less space because the ballast isnt necessary. Also wiring is easier than conventional T5s as you dont have to wire to each side of the bulb (unless you have compacts). Shimmer effect is great and I havent really noticed a loss in light levels even though I have dropped from, 39W to 24W. Also the heat in side my hood has dropped by 8 degrees which will be great come summer.

There is much discussion as to whether the light output is suitable for all corals, but I dont know whether the shimmer effect has perked them up or whether its just my imagination but they do seem to be more extended around the edges.

So overall first impressions, glad I moved.

From postings I saw elsewhere, I believe they are only shipping the new modified unit. Also speaking with the supplier, they are selling that many they dont have stock as such and are ordering new stock each week. Still impressed with them a week later :rolleyes:

me too.

I have a marine white duo and a single marine blue strip on my 190l trigon tank.

They are great. some good bargains on evay too. just check for batch types.

I got the blue strip for £65 the other day. Shabba!

but now LED strips are commonly used for aquarium tanks setup.

You can refer to the installing tutorial below:
http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/29285-LED-Strip-Lighting-Instead-of-Fluro-%28-HELP-lol-%29

I used to think LED strips were not good because of their extreme white color, but after I tried it, I found it's pretty nice, I got the white and warm white LED striplight tape
installed in my tank.The price of LED strips ain't that high now. you can google it

:hi: to TFF and the salty side of the forum :good: Bruno

How about introducing yourself and showing us your tank, maybe a journel?

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back