Aps

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's not that the APS filters are poor quality exactly, it's just that the flow rates are a lot less than stated. If you con't need a fast turnover then they're fine; the amount of media you can pack in is great.

The UV is not worth bothering with in freshwater tanks tbh.

The 2000lph model should be fine for your tank; I've got mine on tanks that are about 200l. If the flow is too great for your young fish, you can just use the spray bar :good:

So you think even the 2000 will be ok in ADDITION to my internal, which I think is the Fluval U4 (1,000 lph)?

Why is UV good for Saltwater set-ups but not freshwater? I think that changes everything, I might just stick with just the internal in that case.

I'm not sure what advantages UVs have in marine tanks as I've never kept marines (nor do I have the slightest desire to!), but in freshwater sytems, the olny way they would be effective was if you could guarantee that every drop of water in the system passed over the UV, which is just not likely to happen.

Edit; I still think it would be a good addition; the extra media you'd have is always a good thing.

OK, thanks decided on 1400 for £51 even though I see the Fluval 205 is available for £55. :good:

I only logged onto here to post some photos and it's cost me £50+. lol. Could never refuse a bargain...

Thank you Ice Queen for the code, I've posted it on HotUKDeals.com
http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/15-off-orders-pond-solutions-free-delivery-until-1st-oct-2011/1000588

shame realy - i'm gonna have to mis out on a bargain :( would a 500 l/h uv internal be ok for a tank with a betta in it? i think not somehow

aps 1000 is rubbish. go for the 1400. gives more filtratin to cope with their meaty diet

yes the 1400 would be ok but if you have large fish producing lots of waste and ammonia then go for the 2000. the performance on that when full of media is probably the same as a 1400 anyway.

Ok as long as it will be good enough to cope with the fish then its all I'm concerned with. I just checked how how much the 2000 is with discount and its just under £60 with free next day delivery so can't really complain with that :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back