Aps

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just add a powerhead, if all you want is flow, the bacteria will be enoug in the 1000?

:lol: fair enough, it was right at the end of your essay...

I've just added my tests to the hardware section thread and my 2000EF with one piece of the modular spraybar came out with the same ballpark result as coldcazzie, ~910lph. I suspect that if more (three are supplied, if you have the space to use all three) spraybar section are used, the flow rate will drop even further.

If the above is true, it looks as if the 2000EF would be safe for most fish in tanks above 100l if multiple bits of spraybar are used, while anyone with a tank bigger than say 240l should seriously consider having two 2000EFs working in tandem or look an another filter.

Would the 2000 be too overkill for a 180l
No. I'm moving mine onto my 180l :good:

I've just added my tests to the hardware section thread and my 2000EF with one piece of the modular spraybar came out with the same ballpark result as coldcazzie, ~910lph. I suspect that if more (three are supplied, if you have the space to use all three) spraybar section are used, the flow rate will drop even further.

If the above is true, it looks as if the 2000EF would be safe for most fish in tanks above 100l if multiple bits of spraybar are used, while anyone with a tank bigger than say 240l should seriously consider having two 2000EFs working in tandem or look an another filter.
I tested mine without my spraybar, because my spraybar is a custom one the length of my tank (so there's no way I could measure output with it on), but I imagine the flow would reduce further through it. Kind of tempted by lily pipes now...

Zod: the thread is up in hardware, please do test yours and post the results up if you can! :good:

I still maintain I'd buy another. I'm considering another 2000+ and 2x 2500l/h wavemakers (one for each tank), cuz I like their media capacity and I'm a sucker for a bargain :lol:

Would the 2000 be too overkill for a 180l
No. I'm moving mine onto my 180l :good:

I still maintain I'd buy another. I'm considering another 2000+ and 2x 2500l/h wavemakers (one for each tank), cuz I like their media capacity and I'm a sucker for a bargain :lol:

Buying 2 APS 2000 plus some wave makers is not really bargin caz your stepping into FX5 ground which will use less power and be tidy for a few £££ :good:

2500lph seems a tad too much IMO. Any tall plants near it would be horizontal, 1500lph would be ok.

Im gonna check out that thread, such a good idea. Any chance you can make it for all filters? Would serve its purpose well. Possibly pin it?

Has the subject of APS 1000 is up,would this will too much overkill on a 7 gal fry tank?? :unsure: i'm still after a cheapish small external,has my eheim hob is making some weird noises...or this one i see a pic of a similar one on Aps website but no info on it...can anyone help??

Thanks for voucher code :good:

Buying 2 APS 2000 plus some wave makers is not really bargin caz your stepping into FX5 ground which will use less power and be tidy for a few £££ :good:
I already got one ;) so it would be 1 and a wavemaker. I actually prefer the smaller ones, but for some reason you can find 900-1000l/h ones anymore unless its a Koralia. And the prices are daylight robbery!
It did occur to me about the fx5 though. The only solid decision I've made is that I'm transferring the 2000+ when I transfer the fish. After that I'm flexible.

2500lph seems a tad too much IMO. Any tall plants near it would be horizontal, 1500lph would be ok.

Im gonna check out that thread, such a good idea. Any chance you can make it for all filters? Would serve its purpose well. Possibly pin it?
already did that :good: and pinning is up to the mods.

Has the subject of APS 1000 is up,would this will too much overkill on a 7 gal fry tank?? :unsure: i'm still after a cheapish small external,has my eheim hob is making some weird noises...or this one i see a pic of a similar one on Aps website but no info on it...can anyone help??

Thanks for voucher code :good:
As far as I know the mini externals are alright. If you already have a HOB, why not look at their HOB range?

OK, this is confusing. Are we saying the 1000 is of a poorer quality to the 1400 and 2000? Or are we saying all the APS stuff isn't great quality compared to other makes?

I'm thinking of the 1400 (or possibly 1000) for a 200 litre tank as an addition to the Fluval internal that came with the tank. I don't want extra flow but I'd like the UV feature, so thought I'd spent the extra £30 or so to get the filter function as well.

Will the 2 filters including the 1400 be too much flow for some of my Swordtails? Some are only 1cm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back