Apple Snails (pomacea Bridgesii) - Plenty Still Available 12/06/09

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well Tuesday post for Wednesday delivery suited me fine as I was in all day, or at least up until the postie normally arrives, then 11:00am I get a call from my son (locker on here) Dad I frogot my lunch can you bring it down to the school, 20 minute round trip only to find a collect from sorting office card through the door, had missed psotie by 3 minutes, anyway down to sorting office in the afternoon and have collected my 6 + 6.

At first I thought they were going to be frozen! Novel Idea using Ice cube trays as packaging and it works very well. All have been placed in my daughters tank to grow on, she has been nagging me for some more pink's and purples since I got one of each a while ago.

Was expecting slightly larger snails, but that was based on the last lot of babies I got and all the ones I recieved were at least .5cm or bigger, just my failure to picture the size was the issue!

Excellent communications from the seller and good packaging.

Would recommend to anyone who is undecided.

StatMan

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply both of you! :)

By the way, sods law states that if you stop waiting for a delivery then it will arrive! Glad you're happy with them.

As a side note, I did and will try to pick the oldest/biggest ones I can find in the tank at the time. But as StatMan said they should all be .5cm or above on arrival.

Lol, I guess I technically could post to Belgium. Not sure how comfortable I'd feel having them in transit for that long.
However, if you really really wanted some... (And will cover increased postage). Then it's up to you I guess.

Do you not have a lfs in Belgium that sells apple snails? Surely it'd be easier, faster and cheaper to order locally?

Edit: Plus I'd have to check I'm not breaking any laws by shipping snails.

Snails Arrived Yesterday...After Me waiting for him to arrive before going in the shower, but he hadnt come and it was looong past the usual time, and yip...after id been in the shower 2minutes, the doorbell rang...
had to run down the stairs,half naked...with wild hair!! :blush:
I got one weird look when I answered.
Snails Are gorgeous!! I will be buying more, when I get Paid!! :wub:
One Little purple took a while to come out his shell, but they are off scooting round the tank!!

Aww :) I'm glad you're so pleased.
I find them absolutely adorable aswell, and plan to keep back a few pinks until they're big enough to sex. HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to keep a female for myself.

You're not the first, and certainly wont be the last, to give the postman an eye full! :lol: Me n my boyfriend used to deliver take-away curry and we've seen several towels slip! lol.

Haha, I Wouldnt Know Where To Look! :blush:
At Least The Postoe Wasnt A Cute, Young One..
He Was Older With Huuuuge Thick Glasses On :lol:
Hopefully You Will Still Have Some At The End Of The Month...Dont Get Paid Til The 28th :sad:

Depends how many you'd be wanting really. I've got two more freshly laid clutches which I was going to throw away. I may keep half of one though. So we will see. :)

Ps. Spishkey, I just checked DEFRA's website and it seems that I can basically export to anywhere in the EU without problem as the UK is a High Health area or something :blink: But I'm pretty sure it would be fine if you decide you definitely want some.
I also checked postage and it would be around £6 for me to send them via Airsure (Airmail but it can be tracked and is guaranteed 2-4 days)
For normal Airmail (3-5days), it would be normal postage rate (2.50).

A quick note to say ta for the snails. Arrived this morning. Had to wait until this evening to be housed though (due to worst day at work ever!!). The purples are beautiful, and settling in nicely. The pink is taking it's time to pop out and say hello but again is a really nice colour. looking forward to seeing them all develop.

I answered the door to the postie who delivered my post with a face mask, topless and in jeans (I am a guy btw) he looked up and screamed was hilarious although I couldn't laugh as my face was set.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back