I have just bought a couple of apple snails, a brown one and a golden one.They are lovely and at the moment they share a small tank with two cory catfish and two baby platties,they all seem to co-exist quite nicely.
I have a larger tank and I am considering buying some more for this tank,however I have three clown loaches,which I am told love to eat snails.I assume this means they will eat the smaller 'pest' snails that overwhelm some tanks.
Will they kill Apple snails ? Are there any other fish I should be wary of when introducing Apple snails to a tank.
Thank you all who contribute to my questions with an answer.
Jon
I have a larger tank and I am considering buying some more for this tank,however I have three clown loaches,which I am told love to eat snails.I assume this means they will eat the smaller 'pest' snails that overwhelm some tanks.
Will they kill Apple snails ? Are there any other fish I should be wary of when introducing Apple snails to a tank.
Thank you all who contribute to my questions with an answer.
Jon

.
I have a friend who has them together in his 40 gallon, so perhaps it comes down to personal temperament. I would understand a juvie apple getting killed but if its fully grown adult don't think it would be that dangerous for it.
.






